Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I plan on replacing the Head Unit on my Santa Fe 2012 GL Sport AWD. I have the basic Radio with no better sound and no NAV.

I bought a Parrot UNIKA to keep my Steering Controls on the Parrot ASTEROID SMART. I also bought a 2DIN adapter from Metra with a Harness and a antenna adapter. Finally, I bought a wired backup camera as the new Head Unit support that too. I bought a harness to re-use my OEM iPod/AUX input too, I can disconnect the OEM harness, ten connect this one (same connector) and at the other end, there is a USB cable + a 1/8 stereo Cable. The goal is really to keep a stock look.

My question :

The Parrot Asteroid SMART has Bluetooth for the phone feature. It come with a Microphone and there is a plug behind the Asteroid Smart to connect the microphone. I already have the Bluetooth with my OEM radio, so I already have the Built-in Microphone on top of my head when sitting on driver's seat. I want to reuse the OEM microphone instead of adding the aftermarket microphone. I know that the Microphone has a 4 pin connector harness, I saw that only pins 2-3 are used, but I want to know where it end up at the other end of the cable ?? Is it in the Radio OEM Harness ??

The only Radio Harness Wiring diagram I can find online does not talk about the built-in microphone in the Pin-Out...

It's going somewhere, but... WHERE ?! :p

I want to use the Pin with the signal (2-3) and add a connector to connect to the MIC IN behind the Asteroid Smart.

Can anyone Point me maybe on hmaservice on the document on all radio wiring and electrical wiring etc. ?? There is so much document on that site !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, i bought all on ebay US. I have a po box so i get free shipping on all of the item ordered for the project.

1 x 12pcs Tool kit dash trim 12.99$
1 x reversecam light replacement. 24.99$
1 x 2din adapter metra 95-7325 kit. 35.95$
1 x parrot UNIKA remote control 89.99$
1 x stereo harness (extra part). 5.95$
1 x Aux/ipod harness. 12.99$
1 x "Le clou du projet Asteroid smart" 449.99$

Total : 632.85$ US + GST/TVQ + us conversion

It's not cheap, but i hope it will be at my expectation!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some other questions that are coming up in my mind :

1. What's the best "path" for the cable of the reverse camera ?
2. I already have a how-to video for the dash trim + radio, what about some other instructions on how to open the other trims I will need to open for the reverse cam installation ?

Any help on that would be appreciate!

PS. Still looking for the full Radio harness Wiring Diagram ? Anyone?

·
Registered
110 Posts
For rear door trim removal is easy.
Remove all the screws, Pry out trim pieces, but go easy on them, I broke some trim pieces being hard on them.
To run cable to front you have few options.
Run under the carpet or Run along the side trim panels underneath. Don't need to remove trim pieces to run cable,Only on rear door.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today i received most of the parts, only missing reversecam and Parrot Unika module for steering control.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I received everything now. I want to do that this weekend, but i'm still waiting for someone that can point me to the proper document on hmaservice to know the Electrical Wiring to the Radio.

I need to know the details of each individual Pin in the Radio Harness and also regarding the built-in OEM Microphone!

Anyone can provide thoses details ??

Please :)

Thanks !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally, the job is done!

It was done by a Pro Installer finally. They had a hard time with the Steering Wheel Control, but it finally worked.

This is really nice!

I added to the Asteroid:

Youtube app
Google Maps + Navigation app
PLEX app
Android Market app

And will look at adding other nice apps over the time...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts