Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
again problems He can't switch off parking lights ,it stays on , even after we battery disconnected and put on still with out even get in the car,the parks are on. wheres the module for light located 06/4 cyl car.
oh did bought used switch but same sheet. :frown:
thank you

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,315 Posts
There is a known issue with the parking light relay on the NF Sonata. The relay fails and jams on so you can't turn the lights off.

The relay is built into the dashboard fusebox. Sometimes if you give the fusebox a sharp tap with the handle of a screwdriver or similar tool, the vibration will open the relay contacts and switch the lights off again. That is generally just a temporary fix though and the relay will jam on again at some point. The permanent fix is to replace the complete fusebox, although I did post a much cheaper work around if your DIY skills are up to it. See the link below :

NF Sonata - parking lights stay on - fusebox bypass

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
again problems He can't switch off parking lights ,it stays on , even after we battery disconnected and put on still with out even get in the car,the parks are on. wheres the module for light located 06/4 cyl car.
oh did bought used switch but same sheet. :frown:
thank you
Seriously, the lights stayed on even after you disconnected the battery??

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Seriously, the lights stayed on even after you disconnected the battery??
Requires a bit of translation. They disconnect and reconnect and still stay on...after reconnect.

I've learned when something doesn't make sense to that degree it has to be a language problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Autospark thank you so much for your help , yes first I give a little tap on fusebox and it worked for a day. Saturday I call my buddy to fix it , but he did it bit different as you mention , he used external Relay with some i think small stuff ( I dont know what it is ) hook up and it works, the relay has 4 seconds delay ,so when power is off, shut off after 4 second. oh he tap one one of the wire on head light , not sur if drl or High bean, I was to busy having a beer . if you guys need drawing I'll ask him to do one.

sorry for my language, spelling and so on .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts