Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening

I own a Hyundai Getz 2003 Reg, 1.1 Petrol.

Being a 2003 car its getting on a bit, replaced the rear bulb lights and the tail gate light when they failed, that was easy. However one of my front lights is now gone (driver side). Is there a guide on how to replace the front light head light or the front light/indictors, I can't find much on the internet.

Regards

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good evening

I own a Hyundai Getz 2003 Reg, 1.1 Petrol.

Being a 2003 car its getting on a bit, replaced the rear bulb lights and the tail gate light when they failed, that was easy. However one of my front lights is now gone (driver side). Is there a guide on how to replace the front light head light or the front light/indictors, I can't find much on the internet.

Regards
Have a look behind the headlight there's a black cap, unscrew it and you have your H4 bulb it's just held in by a spring bracket thing very easy to change, the blinker (on my 06 Getz) is on the outside of the headlight cap with a white socket, twist and pull out and that's it, that's what it's like for my Getz could be different for the 03 Getz

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have a look behind the headlight there's a black cap, unscrew it and you have your H4 bulb it's just held in by a spring bracket thing very easy to change, the blinker (on my 06 Getz) is on the outside of the headlight cap with a white socket, twist and pull out and that's it, that's what it's like for my Getz could be different for the 03 Getz

Will do thank you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let us know how you go ?

Fitted well! thank you for the advise.

There is another cable next to the headlights, if you remove it, it has a plastic probe like part to it. do you know what that is and does? I put it back in, bit was pain though. It is located next to the head lights wiring, on the edges of the engine corepartment. Just curious.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not too sure, if you have a photo that would help, it might be the wiring harness that actually powers the headlight itself

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not too sure, if you have a photo that would help, it might be the wiring harness that actually powers the headlight itself

Hi sorry for the delay, I have posted it in this video, the part (looks like an L shape) is also making a noise, clicking sound, in that clip I have my car keys in the ACC position - so only powering things like radios - not the starter. all that buzzing is the electrics, the engine is NOT running in that clip. Any ideas what that could be.

Also have had another issue where the brake lights comes on and goes off again whilst driving, car has new brakes, properly filled fluid (less than 3 months ago) I have been informed that it could be a brake sensor - can a fix for this be DIY'ed?

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
That "L shape connecter" is your blinker connector, I can't really tell what the clicking noise is you're referring to, if it's a sound of a light switch being flicked on and off it might be the sound of the blinker relay if your blinkers were turned on ? Otherwise I think it maybe a mechanical noise from a pulley or belt near by.

As for the brake light, I can only guess it is the brake light switch that is under the brake pedal, pretty easy to change. I think that your model Getz actually had recalls on them. I hope this helps

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is just the driver side bulb making that rapid electrical clicking - it is very strange and its from the blinker connector. all is working well so far - I mean, the car is an 03 plate so approaching 16 years old at this point.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It is just the driver side bulb making that rapid electrical clicking - it is very strange and its from the blinker connector. all is working well so far - I mean, the car is an 03 plate so approaching 16 years old at this point.
Is any of the blinkers blown causing the circuit to flash constantly ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is any of the blinkers blown causing the circuit to flash constantly ?

No, all the blinkers work so far, not had to replace any of them, could be about to go so maybe I ought to replace them and see what happens. Its a neat little car, bought it when it was at 65k miles, and I am at about 90k miles - ideally want to keep it till at least 100k.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also regarding the ABS light, seems to only ever come on and off after a cold start - when the car is up and running and warm - it infrequently flashes on and off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts