Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few threads on this already but they are all like 6 months old and I thought perhaps there may be more recent info. I'm considering jumping in a Turbo Limited w/Nav once the steering/pulling issues are resolved but the HD Radio thing is bugging me. I have HD Radio now and love it, it does make a big difference in sound and having the Artist/Song info is also important to me. I know RDS will provide that but don't think these head units support that either and besides, RDS is spotty. So....

1. Does anyone have any inside scoop on what 'late availability' really means? Any dates for when cars with HD will ship? Will it happen on the '11 models?
2. You think the HD will be a completely separate head unit with HD built in? (I'm leaning this way). or perhaps just an add on module?
3. Will cars without the HD Radio purchased now be able to upgrade to HD when its out without having to buy a whole head unit at > 1k?

I called Hyundai and they had no info and dealer said it will be out 'Sometime in 2011'. I'd hate to buy now and have it show up 2 months from now but not sure I want to wait 6-8 months either.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a bad link but I'm guessing you are referencing the Insignia NS-HD01 portable HD player. Sure, that would work, but lacks one thing that is kinda important - integration. If it could be hidden somewhere and fully controlled from the screen or steering wheel that would be a different story.

G

·
T-Rex, are you asking whether HD radios are shipping as of now, or something else? We don't have a turbo, so I can't comment on those, nor do we have the Infinity/navigation sound package. Maybe that one is different, too? Either way, our Limited's s/n is low enough that it was clearly built quite some time ago (also has the meep-meep horn and no "Eco" switch over on the left side of the dash), and it has HD radio. We don't have any HD stations here, but a recent vacation allowed us to 'try it out' and it worked perfectly.

Is this what you were wondering about?

·
Registered
643 Posts
i think he is saying that the factory stereo with navigation does not have built-in HD Radio and he is wondering if the HD aspect is going to be forthcoming at a later date and how will it integrate, what will it cost, etc.
The factory stereo without navigation does include HD Radio.

G

·
QUOTE (fragile @ Dec 7 2010, 12:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=377670
i think he is saying that the factory stereo with navigation does not have built-in HD Radio and he is wondering if the HD aspect is going to be forthcoming at a later date and how will it integrate, what will it cost, etc.
The factory stereo without navigation does include HD Radio.
Ah, I see. I did not know that the nav radios weren't yet HD. Even the Dimension system is listed as having "late availability" of the HD tuner in the brochures, so I figured that, since ours had it, they'd all have it by now. Thanks for clearing it up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes Jim, fragile stated my questions correctly.

Sandman - its probably because the supplier of the Nav head unit simply doesn't have HD support yet but I agree, you would expect as you climb up the tiers you don't lose stuff.

Edit: Sorry, started a reply and got distracted and did not see your reply...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts