Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Insignia portable HS radio model NS-HD01 @ Best Buy and using it via the AUX port on my 2011 Sonata. The device is 2" X 3" so I can store in the closable pocket just below the standard radio. After listening to XM radio for the free 90 days I was not impressed. The radio cost $49.99 and it does not interfere with the operation of the OEM gear or Bluetooth control of my smartphone.

·
Registered
486 Posts
On My LTD either the NAV or Infinity Audio OMITS HD.

IF HD requires a Special Antenna as I presume, would one be on your GLS via HD Jack to make a Portable's Antenna reception capability a Moot concern? -

Any description of Your HD sound Vs. FM would be interesting. Thanks.

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
HD doesn't require a special antenna, I assume the one the OP bought has a built in antenna. You can get units that integrate better (ie; hook up to your existing fm antenna connection) but the inherent problem with HD radio is that when the signal strength drops it switches from digital to analog receiving and gives you sort of a "skipping record" effect where it will repeat the last second of the broadcast. I'm actually not sure if the built in HD on the sonata does that as I don't really listen to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts