Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Haynes Manual for the 2008-2013 i10 models would be any good for a 2016 i10? The job that I want to do at the moment is the rear brakes and I have never done any with pistons that screw in. I know Haynes does a brake Manual but I am not sure if they cover that type of brake. There are bound to be other jobs to do and I thought that the torque settings and maybe a few other things would be the same.
best regards
Joe

·
Registered
267 Posts
It may be an idea to contact Haynes direct and ask the question to them?

I have a mk1 i10 with rear disks. The manual supplied by Haynes to me and although suitable for my 1.2 2010 model, did not feature or mention the fitment of disk brakes on the rear of the i10. I wrote to their technical dept and was immediately sent the new pages that should have been included in the original manual. If you ask, they may be able to confirm the additional pages will / will not match your car.

·
Registered
844 Posts
If you can tell me a bit more about the car, region, type of motor etc I could check and see if what I have is appropriate . Then I could send you a private link for you to download

Is this the type which uses the caliper pads as the hand brake?

I have 2015 instructions which should be fine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I am not sure exactly what you need to know, but it is a 2016 i10 Blue Drive, 5 door hatchback, 998cc petrol with manual transmission and first registered in UK March 2016
I think the screw part of the caliper piston is something internal to operate the handbrake because the piston itself couldn’t turn when the brake pedal is pressed.
Best regards,
Joe

·
Registered
844 Posts

From what I've briefly read, the piston has to be screwed in to replace the pads, then there is a handbrake setup procedure which I figure would be after the pads are seated against the rotor.

The other thing I did not see in the instructions but could be relevant is there could be 2 notches in the piston and on th eback of the pad there would be 2 pins that have to align into those notches to lock the piston . That way when the hand brake is operated the piston is locked and the lever would then rotate the thread and drive the piston out enough to lock the disc and on release would screw the other way to release pressure..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply, I haven’t had any luck with Haynes but have looked at a few YouTube video’s and as you say there is a pin on the pad that goes into the notch on the piston, so the piston can’t turn when the foot brake is applied. I think there must be some internal thread to release the hand brake adjuster, but I can’t see anything on YouTube about setting up the handbrake.
Thanks again
Best regards,
Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts