Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’ll check mine after work. I just filled the windshield washer fluid last weekend and didn’t see anything. Usually anytime I open the hood I look around just to make sure nothing is out of place.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
826 Posts
I also have a 2.5T in my Calligraphy, will check tonight. Nice to point it out to us.

Reactions: 1st k5

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Yea there seems to be a moist area. It was the second pic I referred to looks dry. My error. Maybe assembly lube. I'd clean it off and see if it comes back.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I previously mentioned that I didn't see any on mine but when I was detailing the car this past weekend (I wipe down and lightly wax as much of the painted areas under the hood as I can 2x a year - road salt is a beast) I took a look with better lighting. I have some very minor dusting in the same spot. I will probably wipe away and see if it returns. Guessing there is some type of lubricant or sealant residue left over from the manufacturing process and it is picking up dust. Seems pretty consistent with the images from post #7 and #18 vs what the OP posted which looked more concerning.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts