Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few weeks a have notice a rattle coming from my passenger seat belt mount. The seat belt also doesn't retract properly every time. When it doesn't the belt falls in the door opening and if not careful it can get caught in the door when closing.

Taking the car to the dealer on Tuesday to get it check out. Rattle is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I had a similar problem....just make sure the belt is not twisted .. solved my problem
I have also had this problem with several other car I have owned

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the belt isn't twisted I did check it today when I washed my car. Sounds like it is coming from in the housing of the seat belt retaction inside the panel on frame of the door. Sometimes the seat belt retacts sometime it doesn't then the belt gets caught in the door. Not enough pull on the belt.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
No the belt isn't twisted I did check it today when I washed my car. Sounds like it is coming from in the housing of the seat belt retaction inside the panel on frame of the door. Sometimes the seat belt retacts sometime it doesn't then the belt gets caught in the door. Not enough pull on the belt.
Well I guess it will have to be checked out by the dealer

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took the Azera in for a look see today to find out where the rattle is coming from. Service Manager and tech took the car out for a spin said they heard the rattle might be coming from the door, seat belt frame or the moon roof. They needed time to look at the car so bringing it back next Wednesday and getting a loaner car. Service manager said that they may need to order a part and if they do expect the car to be at the dealer for a couple of days.

I asked him if he has had that issue before with 2013 Azera's. He said so far no and matter of fact he hasn't seen many problems with the Azera by owners. Cars are made very good and very tight. He said the car is very quiet so the rattle that he hears in the car can be a little distracting and it shouldn't be there.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The past few days no more rattle. Still on the schedule to take it to the dealer on Wednesday but may cancel. As sure as I cancel the rattle will be back. Never fails!

·
Registered
262 Posts
i have a exact same issue but mine is come and go sometimes i hear it sometimes i don't each time i say i will take it to the dealer it goes away lol but comes on sometimes so let me know when you guys fix it i want to fix that rattle noise too

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hate rattles and a new car at that with less than 8000 miles on her. Now it has been just less than a week since I cancelled my appointment and no rattle. I hit some bumps this weekend on purpose but still no rattle. Not sure what it was but for sure it was in the seatbelt area on the door passenger side. The tech heard it on that side as well but said he heard another rattle maybe for the sunroof area. I only had the sunroof open one time when I first got the car in May. Not sure why it would be rattling up there.

I suspect something is loose in the seat belt mechanism but whatever it was is gone for now. Surely it will return.

I had a issue like this on my Toyota Camry years ago with I think it was the back window when it was cold outside. When I took it to the dealer they couldn't hear anything. And the day I took it to the dealer it stopped. Made me look like a boob. When I took it home it started again.

I will wait for the return of the rattle who knows maybe it only does it when its warm outside. Living in Cincinnati it is going to be months before it hits 80 again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had rattle in my lexus sunroof and it was cured by cleaning and lubing the track. The dealer used white lithium grease.

I have had some rattles in the doors of my old BMW, and inevitably it was from the door seals. The dealer used a product called Gummipfledge.

No joke. You can get it online. I'd get about 4 months out of it before needing to reapply.

It isn't very expensive. Not sure if it works for everything. I have not tried it on any other cars yet.

Best regards
jeff

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I had a rattle that sounded like it was coming from the "A" pillar or front driver door area it turned out that the rear door pull up screen was the problem. Fixed it by adding a small piece of felt material.... problem solved

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it has been a month and so far whatever was rattling has gone away. There was three inches of snow and ice on the car last week and I thought maybe I would hear something on the roof area as the tech said that is where He thought the rattle was coming from. We so far no rattle snow is gone off the roof and today very quiet. Hope it stays that way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts