Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the front seat done. I nowhave 5 inches more travel backwards. My son drives the Accent and he needed more leg room. But we still have the original front travel. they did a good job. Driver's seat now goes from up tight to the steering wheel all the way back to the back seat.

Cheers

·
Registered
810 Posts
Nice, how much did it run you?

I've been really curious about what seats are 'plug n' play' with our cars that require no modification to the seat rails. I've been considering picking up some Tiburon seats and buying a Katzkin kit for it and going with heated and air cooled seats for maximum awesome. I emailed them a while back asking them what it'd take for them to design and release a kit for our Accents being fully prepared to even arrange to buy a salvage seat and have it shipped to them, but they didn't respond - and this was the direct email for the Canadian market representative :( I hate how nobody cares or wants to cater to us. You'd think for a car that lacks a leather option entirely, they'd want to be one of the few that actually make a quality kit and have a monopoly. I know KFX has a kit, but it's not ventilated for air cooling like the Katzkin ones are.

·
Registered
497 Posts
QUOTE (Kayakman @ Aug 17 2010, 09:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350044
Just had the front seat done. I nowhave 5 inches more travel backwards. My son drives the Accent and he needed more leg room. But we still have the original front travel. they did a good job. Driver's seat now goes from up tight to the steering wheel all the way back to the back seat.

Cheers

MOAR infoooooo!!!! lol

Where/How much/What did they do/Pics?

thx

·
Registered
497 Posts
Tried to contact a couple dealerships around here... One was completely confused and had no idea what I was talking about. The other refuses to do any modifications b/c its a 'safety issue' as you are travelling further away from the seat belt. :puzzled: :(

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are the pictures

Pictures 1 and 2 are of the rear, notice the this section has been flipped around

Pictures 3-5 are of the front of the driver's seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
But where did you go to do this? I've contacted many places and none seem to know what I'm talking about or even where to get it done....

·
Registered
651 Posts
nice! we like it when someone does something for the first time. :clap: :grouphug:

nice work, hightower's dad!

·
1,565 Posts
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ Aug 19 2010, 07:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350601
So you still have the same travel as any other Accent but it's shifted 5" back.
If that's the case, it's a pretty good solution since only five-year-olds and midgets can even get in the seat with it all the way forward, much less drive. I'm a shortish guy (5'9") and I need the seat all the way back to comfortably drive.

I'm also curious as to the cost of fabrication. Nice job, kayakman. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Ultragod.
The cost was $200.00. took most of the morning for 2 guys. If you are setting in the seat it travels up tight to the steering wheel all the way back until it almost touches the rear seat . I'm 5'-9" as well my my son is approx. 6'-2" and built like a wall and wife is 5'-3". So no problem for any of us. My son is the primary driver of the Accent and we drive the Elantra.

cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts