Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to replace the interior lights with led's. I have the bulb sizes, but i cant seem to find any pics. Has anyone replaced theirs? If so can u post some pics? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I looked at making the change to LEDs but decided at the moment money is better spent on other upgrades, may look at this again in the future.

The front map lights are just standard Festoon bulbs so you just pull them out and replace with LED Festoon bulbs. But if you want to go with a circuit design (a lot more expensive, about $20 each) they come with adapters to switch to Festoon. So plug the dummy bulb in like normal and then connect the end to the circuit board. The question now is how to mount the circuit board so it's not sitting against the cover. I've read on V-LED where people have melted their cover due to the LED sitting against it. Another option is to pickup a light kit from Shark Racing where the circuit board was designed to fit exactly into the housing.

For the rear lamp it has a metal or aluminum shroud around the bulb to reflect and aim the light. Not sure if you can fit a LED bulb in their without cutting out the shroud. The space in there isn't very large, so not sure if a circuit board will fit. Think your only real bet will be a light kit from Shark.

If buying from Shark or other Korean sites just make sure the back light is the same as yours. I've seen some kits have the dual design like we have here and others have a single long circuit board. I would probably buy the room kit from Shark instead as it's $60 and the cost of 4 LED style bulbs is going to cost just as much or more depending on who you buy from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts