Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, iv been considering using the storage areas in the back floor to hide a sub woofer box. has anyone else had any experience installing aftermarket subs to the santa fe? id like to hear your ideas, and possibly pics of your set up.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi. I installed the self powered 8" sub shown at the bottom of this page. Looks like it's a newer version though.
http://www.bossaudio.com/main/443
I originally installed it in the rear storage and it made almost no difference at all. I then placed it under the passenger seat and it works marvelous. Don't expect it to be enough to shake your licence plate, it's just a nice supplement to the base factory stereo.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You may want to look at the Infinity sub that's designed for the vehicle. I don't know power requirements or if current amp can handle it, but I am considering same in my 2010 with premium audio. The sub that comes with premium audio is a total joke and not capable of any real bass. Only problem with the Infinity sub is that it'll cost you about $500...

·
Registered
27 Posts
QUOTE (Ken B @ Dec 14 2010, 09:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379665
You may want to look at the Infinity sub that's designed for the vehicle. I don't know power requirements or if current amp can handle it, but I am considering same in my 2010 with premium audio. The sub that comes with premium audio is a total joke and not capable of any real bass. Only problem with the Infinity sub is that it'll cost you about $500...
When you say the Infinity sub that's designed for the vehicle, are you talking about the one that comes with the Infinity system or a different one? And if a different one, where would I find this? I've got a 2011 limited and the sub that comes with the Infinity sound system is not nearly what I'm looking for. I don't need the neighbor's car to rattle, but I was expecting a little bit more out of a 605 watt system.

·
Registered
50 Posts
QUOTE (Chris H. @ Dec 27 2010, 05:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=383820
When you say the Infinity sub that's designed for the vehicle, are you talking about the one that comes with the Infinity system or a different one? And if a different one, where would I find this? I've got a 2011 limited and the sub that comes with the Infinity sound system is not nearly what I'm looking for. I don't need the neighbor's car to rattle, but I was expecting a little bit more out of a 605 watt system.
Hello,

I ended up putting in the Alpine Type S 1243D in a custom box in the cargo hold of the trunk. The box needed to be custom made as the depth of the cargo hold is sloped front to back. Anything with a larger depth than the Type S Alpine's likely won't fit in there as it needs clearance in the box so it doesn't hit the back. Sounds fantastic and if you really wanted to, you could likely make your neighbours car rattle. You don't need to replace the door speakers (they're a pain in the **** anyway), but changing out the deck is a good idea also, it will create more power to the speaker system you already have and get max performance out of them. Not to mention, the factory radio doesn't have the sub output.
Let me know if you need pictures.

·
Registered
136 Posts
QUOTE (Chris H. @ Dec 27 2010, 04:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=383820
I was referring to the one that's in the system you have. I just purchased a 12" Boston Acoustics sub and have it in a box ready to go, I just need to figure out how to pull the subwoofer wire (easiest was possible) and hook it up. Right now Crutchfield has the Boston subs for 50% off, a very good deal. I got the G31244 which has a dual voicecoil so can do 2ohms, which is nearly identical to the factory installed sub.

FWIW, I've heard the Infinity in the 2011 limited and it's very good. If the amp you have isn't enough for an after market sub a mono amp shouldn't be that much and will give you what you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts