Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

In 1986 I bought my first new car a Dodge Daytona. I had a sunroof installed aftermarket. I had no problems with it until the car was about 18 years old. (I drove it for 19.5 years :)
Now I am considering Tucson for my second new car in my lifetime. I prefer the manual transmission but that option does not allow for the moonroof which I really want. Has anyone had a moonroof installed AFTER they bought their Tucson. If you haven't had one installed but know something about aftermarket moonroofs / sunroofs that you think I might need to know I would like to hear about it. All info is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hey, Bobbi. I have a Limited, so mine came with the roof. However, my 2002 Santa Fe did not, so I had a Solaire (Webasto) roof installed. It was as good as the factory. As a matter of fact, from what they told me at the time, this company was the largest supplier of roofs to the manufacturers back then. (I have no idea how to verify that!) Anyway, it was a really nice unit, and no one could tell it was aftermarket.

The link to their site is:

http://www.webasto.us/am/en/am_auto_sunroofs.html

You should be able to find a dealer on that site and find out what is available for the new Tucson.

Good luck with your decision-making process.

tim B)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Tim.

Thanks for the response. I checked out the website and they have no locations anywhere near me. (not a surprise :)
But hearing your positive experience lets me know that it is worth checking into. I am 200 miles from Denver so there may be a good company there.
I will check out the company you recommended just to see what the possiblities are.

Thanks again and take care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts