Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
695 Posts
Ugh. Just had an oil change done and the dealership tells me there is excessive wear on my new tires...especially in the rear left tire. They recommend an alignment.....I had TWO done this summer, and a free one done when I bought my tires last March.

I'm getting my tires swapped this Saturday....I'll get an alignment check done (but not corrected) if the cost is cheap. Then, I'll get the dealer to do a check and then imma gonna compare the two.

Of course, all results will be posted here....

· Registered
695 Posts
Make sure they print an extra sheet for you to have, otherwise to the front office they go and XEROX it for you, and it better be legible..

Before and after numbers please.
Absolutely. I'll make sure you see it.

I'm not getting the alignment fixed right now either...going to get a few opinions first....

· Registered
695 Posts

· Registered
695 Posts
Here are alignment numbers from this am. I did not get it fixed. He says a shim is needed for a rear tire.

I apologize for the poor scan...the shops printer is low on toner.

The specs he had in his machine were ones provided to him from a Hyundai dealership (the dealer I did it at this summer actually...not my regular dealer). I showed him the alignment specs from the tsb I linked to in my last post above. He says they are close for the most part, but slightly different.

The guy also says Elantras are eating through lots of tires...not just GTs.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.