Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car aligned and for some reason they cant align my rear. Can someone tell me why, or is it just my car.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
I got a new rear axle outta mine. Seems Ok so far.

·
22,788 Posts
A strict regimen of maintaining correct tire inflation pressure, scheduled rotations, and the occasional front-end alignment check is your friend and your best bet. Otherwise... :eek:

sbr711: You state on your user ID, "hiding from those who might be looking for me..." How's that working out for you? LOL

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Witness Protection Program from Hyundai finding me....

CarTech Dude over in the Hybrid Forum figured out who I was via some posts I had about a Hybrid.. comes back and told me Hyundai Engineers be out next week..

Nobody found me yet, but 1 or 2 (I waked out to customer lounge and introduce myself to 1, as I recognized the car from pics he posted on this site in past) here "DO KNOW" who I am and where I am..

Rather funny to see some people post about their car being here, or they having problem and say they'll call dealer (I ask advisor if he called).. Have had a few ask about concerns after being here, and I'll dumb up and reply to their post. I would say there is 6 maybe that been here, and have message me with concerns, not knowing it was my dealer that they was to.. Had 1 fella message me, then shows up, I order part.. car comes back for part, and new kid install part and left car a few paw prints,, fella posted about it, and I was like I know who did that, it wasn't me..

I am not here to promote my dealer, just guidance to get treated right and not get ripped off (sounds like Clark Howard dont it ??)

·
22,788 Posts
Witness Protection Program from Hyundai finding me....

I am not here to promote my dealer, just guidance to get treated right and not get ripped off (sounds like Clark Howard dont it ??)
This is GOOD stuff! Thanks! LMAO

·
Registered
654 Posts
Ugh. Just had an oil change done and the dealership tells me there is excessive wear on my new tires...especially in the rear left tire. They recommend an alignment.....I had TWO done this summer, and a free one done when I bought my tires last March.

I'm getting my tires swapped this Saturday....I'll get an alignment check done (but not corrected) if the cost is cheap. Then, I'll get the dealer to do a check and then imma gonna compare the two.

Of course, all results will be posted here....

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Ugh. Just had an oil change done and the dealership tells me there is excessive wear on my new tires...especially in the rear left tire. They recommend an alignment.....I had TWO done this summer, and a free one done when I bought my tires last March.

I'm getting my tires swapped this Saturday....I'll get an alignment check done (but not corrected) if the cost is cheap. Then, I'll get the dealer to do a check and then imma gonna compare the two.

Of course, all results will be posted here....
Make sure they print an extra sheet for you to have, otherwise to the front office they go and XEROX it for you, and it better be legible..

Before and after numbers please.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Make sure they print an extra sheet for you to have, otherwise to the front office they go and XEROX it for you, and it better be legible..

Before and after numbers please.
Absolutely. I'll make sure you see it.

I'm not getting the alignment fixed right now either...going to get a few opinions first....

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Send a link via message to the prints, as I will be gone all next week on hunting trip..

Wont be back till Tues after Thannksgiving.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Will do :) Thanks! Have fun!!!

·
22,788 Posts
Post the link here too..I'm getting mine checked next week.
Ditto, Tim. IF, key word here is "IF," I pull the trigger on new tires next week, I will have mine checked. Not necessarily aligned. But certainly checked; it's free. I don't want to make that kind of decision when buying tires. I can wait a few days to shop around for quality alignment services in our area. It's not going to kill the new tires to wait 48 hours.

Judging by how mine have worn and the car's steering, I don't sense any problems. That's also why I'm not too concerned about having an alignment done RIGHT THEN while I'm all "caught up in the moment" of laying out money! But these people are pretty good, have certified alignment techs, provide a 1 year warranty on that service. So, maybe? Decisions, decisions...LOL

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm mainly concerned about track wear -- there's a lot of feathering going on up front on my track tires (toe-in too much), but that's a whole different level of use. Is it unreasonable to see it as an exaggerated version of the truth tho ?

I haven't noticed much in the way of strange wear on my street tires, but then again I destroyed them at the first track day, so they're not a very good example of wear patterns :) I don't think I have any shoulder left on them...

·
Registered
654 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Here are alignment numbers from this am. I did not get it fixed. He says a shim is needed for a rear tire.

I apologize for the poor scan...the shops printer is low on toner.

The specs he had in his machine were ones provided to him from a Hyundai dealership (the dealer I did it at this summer actually...not my regular dealer). I showed him the alignment specs from the tsb I linked to in my last post above. He says they are close for the most part, but slightly different.

The guy also says Elantras are eating through lots of tires...not just GTs.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts