Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I have the traction control off I seem to have a problem :/
If I break traction when accelerating my car won't shift, it just stays in first, or second, and hits the rev limiter. It does this in auto, and in sport mode, it just doesn't switch, I have to let off the throttle completely and once it gets back to around 2500 rpm it will shift.

I tested this multiple times, and it happens every time. Anyone ever hear of this??

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Troll gtfo.

It snowed here, anyone ever try driving in the snow with trac ctrl off? I was doing this in my driveway, barely moving, trying to go up a slight incline without success.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I have not noticed that. However when we get more inclement weather Ill give it a shot. The programming around TC is rather lacking. Very surprised that having the TC off is the catalyst to your issue.

If you come to a complete stop does it start shifting again? I wondee if its a fail safe to keep from super high speed wheel spin and then connection with traction causing issues?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I misunderstood. How about coasting up the driveway from the street? I suppose if the computer doesn't sense a high enough vehicle speed it won't allow the trans to shift regardless of engine rpm.

·
Registered
223 Posts
the transmission won't shift into second gear unless you're physically moving. It can and will detect it

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
sorry i misread what you said trixstar xD
meh.. I've done worse! accidentally said to refill radiator fluid instead of wiper fluid on forums haha.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Troll gtfo.

It snowed here, anyone ever try driving in the snow with trac ctrl off? I was doing this in my driveway, barely moving, trying to go up a slight incline without success.
We had snow the other day and I could not get up the hill out of my street with TC on - the engine would not rev at all, even with the pedal floored. The wheels were spinning slowly but not fast enough to get anywhere.

I turned TC off and I was then able to get the revs up and get slowly up the hill. After about 30 seconds of spinning the wheels and moving slowly forward the TC re-engaged even though the "off" light was still on. I had to turn it on and off again to go some more.

I know the TC was probably doing what it is supposed to do, but in this "edge case" I had to turn it off to make any progress. I did not pay any attention to what gear the trans was in; next time I will watch it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the transmission won't shift into second gear unless you're physically moving. It can and will detect it
This is interesting, can anyone else attest to this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts