Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, our '12 Tucson Limited/nav has developed many rattles lately (just turning 14K miles), mostly inside the door panel, the seatbelt height adjuster, and the most annoying of all, the center console. I eliminated it by squeezing my Leatherman tool between the seat and the console, but want to fix it properly. Seems like the seats would have to come out, but haven't scrutinize it yet. Hope one of you has done it, and can provide some instructions and pointers. Thanks gang.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Did you ever figure this out?
Did you try taking it to the dealer? With only 14k miles it should definitely be covered under warranty

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
"Sorry, can't replicate it" will be their answer.
Or just mess up everything if they do. Had to take the new Azera in, and my luck with dealers just doesn't change: they ***f** up the fender and front bumper's paint, had to take it to a bodyshop, and now the car has repairs there. And they also torqued the front wheels to at least 150 ft/lbs. *****. I wouldn't touch that place again (the only one in town) with a 10' pole unless I absolutely have to.

Anyway, the annoying noise went away on its own. Will probably be back next summer, and remove the console myself if it starts driving my wife crazy :D. Just wanted to see if anybody had done the job before. Nothing I can't figure out by myself, but always nice to hear 'gotchas' and such :p. Thank you folks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Might be a coin. I lost almost a dollar of change in where the shifter is when coins slide under the debris guard. I also lost a screw or two while doing my stereo. It rattled until I traded it for a Limited.

·
Registered
104 Posts
1/2 of the right side of the dash is removed. This thing is like 50 pieces! I've got a pebble sound rattle now, but I can't replicate it unless I'm driving. The interior build quality is a joke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts