Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Accent GS and just noticed the last few times when I went to pass another car on the freeway the car kinda sputters, clunks then goes .... kinda weird and hard to explain. I wonder if anyone else has experience this. Sorry if I missed another post on this subject.

A little more info ... at 60 mph it happened today and at about 75 miles. I wonder if this is just a transmission programming thing??

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I've had this happen.. it's when the car's in overdrive, and then when you floor it to pass, it gets weird and CLUNKS down to a lower gear.. ONLY at that speed though, and only on random occasions. It's weird as heck. I haven't had it happen in months, but when it does happen and there's someone else in the car, they legitimately feel like the car is about to blow up.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Phew, I thought it was just me. I guess I am not the only one. It has happened to me a few times, usually when I really hammer on the gas. I also drive an automatic. The sound is concerning, and does scare the **** out of me...haha.

This would not be the transmission slipping, would it? Any thoughts? Anyone else with this issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having this same issue. After driving for a longer distance, it sounds / feels like ****!! Any ideas? I am sure the dealer will drive it and it will be fine...this is not a good thing considering it's my first Korean car and has less than 15k miles!! My Xterra has been through **** and back and doesn't give me a lick of trouble...

·
Registered
810 Posts
Doesn't make any of you feel any better about it but... I've never had this happen with my manual :D lolomatics for the lose! j/k :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
same thing happens at about 120km/h when I give her, so loud scares me every time, happens very rarely about 3 times now, loud thump, car feels like it downshifts aggressively pretending to be a manual

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well the whole reason I bought the auto was that I'm driving 60 miles each way to work and if / when there is a traffic situation. Either way this shouldn't happen with a new car...especially one that is not in it's first model year. At least others are having the same problem, so I am sure Hyundai knows about it. We shall see what the dealer says or does, but I doubt they will give me a loaner to compensate. If nothing gets done, I am contacting NHTSA, because it seems like it can be a safety problem taking so long to kick in. Especially when slowing down to cross a highway...

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (orangeaccent2010 @ Nov 16 2010, 06:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372300
Well the whole reason I bought the auto was that I'm driving 60 miles each way to work and if / when there is a traffic situation. Either way this shouldn't happen with a new car...especially one that is not in it's first model year. At least others are having the same problem, so I am sure Hyundai knows about it. We shall see what the dealer says or does, but I doubt they will give me a loaner to compensate. If nothing gets done, I am contacting NHTSA, because it seems like it can be a safety problem taking so long to kick in. Especially when slowing down to cross a highway...
Believe it or not, a TON of cars have horrendous hesitation. Most Mercedes-Benz's, minus the AMG lines. Not so much BMWs... they're good in the no hesitating department. ALL Lexus's, even their sporty models, have horrific hesitation. I understand if you haven't driven those cars before, but it's far from just the Accent. You'd literally have to fight the entire auto industry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I like the car. But this is not typical hesitation...takes a few seconds, then huge clunk, then goes....never been in or drove an auto like this. I guess this good warranty might come in handy. I think I'll start with Hyundai customer service to report the issue.

·
Registered
497 Posts
After I had my catback installed the car no longer hesitated... It made such a huge difference on highway driving its unbelievable. Even passengers notice/comment on it

JMTC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts