Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just gone through about 15 pages' worth of the most recent threads, and I haven't seen anything on this:

Since I bought my 2012 2.0T used (about 22k miles), every single time I've filled the tank, the car has had a fumbling, stuttering, shuddering start. Sometimes the starter stays engaged for a few seconds because the motor is stumbling so bad.

Once it catches, however, it smooths right out, and fires right off for every start for the rest of the tank of fuel.

Anybody else have this happen? Am I missing a step somewhere? I've tried leaving my foot off the brake for two start button presses, so the fuel pump has a chance to pressurize before I engage the starter, but nothing seems to make a difference.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sounds like something in your evap system and more specifically the vent solenoid or canister. Assuming you have no stored or pending codes with the EVAP system? Any chance you can get access to scantool that shows live data EVAP readiness when this happens. Your canister could be plugged until your fuel level drops.

Try under-filling it all the time and see if that stops/helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts