Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing everyday my trans does a hard shift from first to second. Car has 77K miles and is less the 3.5 yrs old. Took it to the dealer and the service writer told me my oil level was low but my transaxle had no leaks. Go figure that one out!! And it needed to have the reset done so the transaxle can relearn the shift points. All of this I have to pay for even though he admits there is a 100K warranty on the transaxle.

Can't wrap my head around this is a service issue and not a warranty issue.

Any suggestions???

·
Registered
851 Posts
If the fluid was actually low, that isn't a warranty item, just normal maintenance.
Hopefully that will correct the issue, although I doubt it, so wait and see.
There is an A/T fluid temp sensor and if that goes haywire shift problems can occur with no cel.

·
Registered
77 Posts
First thing everyday my trans does a hard shift from first to second. Car has 77K miles and is less the 3.5 yrs old. Took it to the dealer and the service writer told me my oil level was low but my transaxle had no leaks. Go figure that one out!! And it needed to have the reset done so the transaxle can relearn the shift points. All of this I have to pay for even though he admits there is a 100K warranty on the transaxle.

Any suggestions???
You are lucky if it does it every time, easy to diagnose. They probably need to replace the solenoid valve per MC 19-AT-009H. should be under warranty if you are original owner. Details in my post here:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer position is since there is "no code" there is nothing to fix. Service writer knows it is doing the hard shift but will do nothing to address the issue. He says the only thing that can be done is I pay for the oil change and reset of the Adaptive Learning Values and "that may fix the issue". Why is the reset my cost as that is clearly a warranty issue, oh I forgot there are no codes so there is nothing wrong.

Stupid beyond belief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to do a flush and drive for a week and then flush again and see if fresh oil helps any. Also will disconnect the battery overnight and hopefully that will do a reset on the values. Not sure that will accomplish clearing the values or not.

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
77 Posts
The dealer position is since there is "no code" there is nothing to fix.
Read this service bulletin:

It states "If no DTC"... "Remove the 26B solenoid and install a new solenoid". It can't get any more clear than that.

Contact National Consumer Affairs (714) 965-3179 Hyundai Motor America

Contact the Service Director of your shop, provide a summary, and give them your HMA case number.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine did this, but only on cold starts. Dealership had to keep it overnight and started it cold in the morning to experience the problem. They replaced a shift solenoid in the transmission. Fully covered by warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Any suggestions???
What I've done to remedy this is to pull over and turn of the car and remove the key and it will reset it self. (5 sec) Not sure if the key removal is a help but I do it anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts