Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2013 Elantra GLS last December 2019. 23000 kilometers. Love the car. After 2 months I noticed the pedal was low. A pump or two would bring the pedal right up while stopping. Research said master cylinder. I replaced the m/c. Did a bench bleed. Bled the abs module. Bled all the wheels. Ended up with hard pedal and weak brakes. Research says brake booster. I replaced the brake booster and the one way check valve in the vacuum hose. A real pain. Went through the whole bleeding process again including electronic bleeding of the abs module. No change . Currently waiting for vacuum gauge in the mail to test vacuum. ( vacuum was fine before this started ) Ideas ?
Question. Is there a vacuum pump on this vehicle ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a good idea and I will do that while waiting for the vacuum gauge. Everything was fine one day. Just the low pedal. Then the next day after the Mc install mucho problems. It could be a big thing or a combination of little things. Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.