Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three years ago today. I came home from Springfield Hyundai (Springfield PA) with my brand new 2011 Sonata GLS.. Traded in my 02 VW Passat with just under 80k on the odometer, at the time I was sad to give up the VW but I had a 4 cylinder with turbo and started giving me engine problems which I later found out from a letter from VW of America that my car with the turbo engine was having oil sludge issues, I bought the car used in 2010 from a small dealer near my house.. I loved that VW. Anyways my Hyundai dealer was having New Years deals and walked away with my Sonata for a good price. From the second I took it for a test drive I fell in love with it..(then again I was only 22) There's a couple more things I plan on doing to my GLS, I wanna add fog lights, HIDS, wrap the roof, remote start, maybe a spoiler.... Who knows

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Sure has, thank you :banana:
Happy Bday. The older VWs had sludge issues in particular if the oil wasn't changed often enough. I think they now recommend only synthetic for all VWs at least since 2010 or so. I'm a big fan of VW - looked at the newer Passat before buying the sonata. Hyundai won me over with style, smoother ride and a better warranty. My daughter has an 08 Jetta which we bought new and it has been trouble free for six years.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wouldn't the birthday be the date of manufacture?

Happy Anniversary!
Haha good point.... Either way I'm looking at it as I birthday. Say you rescue a dog and take it in, and not sure of his/her age, when do you celebrate it's birthday? The day you brought him/her home... Lol thank you thou

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts