Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will contact my dealer monday, but just came back from a road trip for my son's college visit and notices a screw pressed into the sidewall at the edge of the tread on my 19 inch Hankook tires, does anyone know if there is any kind of road hazard warranty on the tires from new. I know you can usually purchase one with tires but I did not know if new cars included one, maybe they would pick up most of the cost to replace since it is a 200.00 tire.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
No there is no road hazard warranty in the USA. This is an extra paid service. It may be possible to purchase this service at a discount along with a new tire though. Some tire chain stores will even sell you the road hazard warranty on new vehicles after they inspect your tires.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Prior to purchasing my Azera I used to get a full road hazard warranty from Discount Tire. I mentioned this to my Hyundai dealer and he sold me a full road hazard tire/wheel warranty for $100. Having used the Discount Tire warranty 2 times in the previous 6 years I thought that was a good deal. . . just in case.

·
22,788 Posts
Lack of "road hazard" on any manufacturer's warranty is the reason I did opt for this coverage when I replaced my tires. I also picked up a screw in my OEM tires in the "shoulder area." Unrepairable. Cost me $100 to replace it. So, it was a no-brainer for me to spend $16.50 per wheel to have the hazard insurance added. I know, it's a gamble. But today's roads seem to be getting more "stuff" on them recently. I can't recall the number of times I've see debris on the highway.

A couple of weeks ago, someone had loaded a piece of wooden furniture incorrectly. When I came through the area, all that remained were wooden splinters and a couple of half-recognizable drawers on the road's shoulder. I wonder what went through the mind of the guy following when this mess unraveled? :eek:

Yeah, road hazard would have replaced the tires but not damage to the body. That's another insurance matter, altogether.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Lack of "road hazard" on any manufacturer's warranty is the reason I did opt for this coverage when I replaced my tires. I also picked up a screw in my OEM tires in the "shoulder area." Unrepairable. Cost me $100 to replace it. So, it was a no-brainer for me to spend $16.50 per wheel to have the hazard insurance added. I know, it's a gamble. But today's roads seem to be getting more "stuff" on them recently. I can't recall the number of times I've see debris on the highway.

A couple of weeks ago, someone had loaded a piece of wooden furniture incorrectly. When I came through the area, all that remained were wooden splinters and a couple of half-recognizable drawers on the road's shoulder. I wonder what went through the mind of the guy following when this mess unraveled? :eek:

Yeah, road hazard would have replaced the tires but not damage to the body. That's another insurance matter, altogether.
How about pot holes in the road. We have tons in the northeast with the harsh winter we've had.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts