Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the noob question, but I'm new to the site. And not sure if this should go here or under performance, but does anyone make a hand held tuner (or as us old guys used to say, a chip) for these cars? It seems like being a turbo car, this is a no brainer. I would love just a little bit more power.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry for the noob question, but I'm new to the site. And not sure if this should go here or under performance, but does anyone make a hand held tuner (or as us old guys used to say, a chip) for these cars? It seems like being a turbo car, this is a no brainer. I would love just a little bit more power.

Garbage, garbage, and more garbage. If it's from some online store selling programmers, you are getting garbage.

Only tunes for the Sonata are SFR and Utune, and hopefully Tork. But right now, there are only two choices, and I'm not sure I full trust either at the moment.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I am running a utune and have had no issues.

People are still blowing up their motors using SFR tunes and his lack of customer service is frightening for this platform.

I would wait and see what tork offers for us before jumping on a tune to be honest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am running a utune and have had no issues.

People are still blowing up their motors using SFR tunes and his lack of customer service is frightening for this platform.

I would wait and see what tork offers for us before jumping on a tune to be honest.
What kind of numbers did you gain with the utune? Any dyno runs? And lastly, any idea when Tork is gonna come out with something? Sorry for the noob questions, just wanna get a tune bad. I think there's a lot of potential to gain at least 30-40 hp.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I didn't do any dyno runs.

I'm running full bolton from nameless performance, so my gains of this tune are probably more than others.

You should sign up on turbosonata.com as well. loads of good information on that thread.

as for torq.... I'm not sure honestly. they have started working on it and I would suspect that maybe by this summer they could have something more concrete.

With some of these companies selling tunes, there has been a couple motors that blew up. I would be careful when ordering and do your research.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't do any dyno runs.

I'm running full bolton from nameless performance, so my gains of this tune are probably more than others.

You should sign up on turbosonata.com as well. loads of good information on that thread.

as for torq.... I'm not sure honestly. they have started working on it and I would suspect that maybe by this summer they could have something more concrete.

With some of these companies selling tunes, there has been a couple motors that blew up. I would be careful when ordering and do your research.
Thanks for the knowledge.

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
I am very impressed with the quality posts about tunes. Usually when some mentions tunes, you here a bunch of butt dyno stories about "chips". This isn't 1984 and vehicles today are so smart that they program them to run how the car maker wants them to run, no matter what little thing you plug in. Actually tuning a vehicle now takes a lot of research and development that costs a lot of money. Trail and error is a disaster with this. These companies won't be selling there stuff on eBay. Real tunes may come and might be a few companies who will provide them but you may have to wait.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i dont trust any tunes due to the fact with all this cylinder 2 issues i prefer to keep to motor running at 100%

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
do a midpipe... whit high flow cat and resonator.

you can thank me later.

best bang for buck part out there imho.

next would be a fmic for repeatable runs
and then a tune... but only if your sure.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts