Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am back to stock headlights. My inner high beam headlight started acting up so I took them apart again when I did the halo ring crumbled in my hands. I started to remove the tint as well and now they look like trash. If they still made them I would just buy a new set but for now I am back to the stockers :( To top it off the halo fog lights I just got the pass. side bulb took a dump too. what a pain. For some reason they are not normal bulbs the wires are directly soldiered to the bulbs and I have no idea what bulbs they are either.

If anyone see's the set of halo's i had let me know.

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
990 Posts
Thats the reason I don't like aftermarket lights there **** quality my led taillights are a pain everytime I turn them on I'm praying there fine noting is like oem quality when it comes to things like that I say clear out your headlights and paint the inside of them like downehiller I cleared mine out but didn't even think about painting them at the time I 'll do them on a day with nothing to do no... my friend got a set of halo fogs for his altima and they look similar to yours it turned his stock bulb into an. H3 bulb FYI his halo fogs lasted maybe 2 months then the halos started acting up so I wish you the best of luck with them..... on a sidenote has anyone opened there fogs and painted the inside so if the headlights are painted the fogs will match too

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Supernova88642 @ Dec 13 2010, 09:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379327
Thats the reason I don't like aftermarket lights there **** quality my led taillights are a pain everytime I turn them on I'm praying there fine noting is like oem quality when it comes to things like that I say clear out your headlights and paint the inside of them like downehiller I cleared mine out but didn't even think about painting them at the time I 'll do them on a day with nothing to do no... my friend got a set of halo fogs for his altima and they look similar to yours it turned his stock bulb into an. H3 bulb FYI his halo fogs lasted maybe 2 months then the halos started acting up so I wish you the best of luck with them..... on a sidenote has anyone opened there fogs and painted the inside so if the headlights are painted the fogs will match too
Yea I thought about doing that as well. I am not sure those. I may try to repair these. but we will see. I am more stuck on the fog lights. Oh well. I am sure I will figure something out

·
Registered
587 Posts
The halo fog lights I've seen that appear to be the same as yours use an H3 bulb. That is a very common bulb type for fog lights so you will easily be able to get a replacement. The H3 bulb has one wire attached to it with a spade terminal on the end.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just bought a set of DIY halos off ebay for $75 shipped. Ill let you know how it works out. It will probably about a month before i get them installed, I have considered getting a new set with LEDs and halos but it just doesnt seem worth it.

On another note congrats on the Moderater position v33 you are by far the most helpful person on here.

Sarcasm aside, Ill let you know how the halos work out...

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Valmorphanize @ Dec 13 2010, 04:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379473
I just bought a set of DIY halos off ebay for $75 shipped. Ill let you know how it works out. It will probably about a month before i get them installed, I have considered getting a new set with LEDs and halos but it just doesnt seem worth it.

On another note congrats on the Moderater position v33 you are by far the most helpful person on here.

Sarcasm aside, Ill let you know how the halos work out...
Yea let me know. Thanks....I think. Are you trying to say I am not helpful?

·
Registered
328 Posts
bought a set of halos one to cover the low beam projector and one that goes over the high beam bought them from ebay from retrosolutions llc...paid like 50 buck CCFL and each one has a power inverter fitted them myself and looks great

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (zsonata @ Dec 14 2010, 06:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379643
bought a set of halos one to cover the low beam projector and one that goes over the high beam bought them from ebay from retrosolutions llc...paid like 50 buck CCFL and each one has a power inverter fitted them myself and looks great
can you post up a pix?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts