Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!

Today I had my 2nd service and I asked them to update the nav and the whole system and they did, But I don't know much about than this forum so I just wanted to ask you guys what versions you have and is mine the newest or did they didn't do anything?

·
Registered
181 Posts
This is obviously very good and important info
I bet the reason for them to cheat are, because the update takes approximately 2 hours, I was told - at least in DK...

This is mine, is has not been updated since I bought the car in june 2017...

Keep truckin'

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is obviously very good and important info
I bet the reason for them to cheat are, because the update takes approximately 2 hours, I was told - at least in DK...

This is mine, is has not been updated since I bought the car in june 2017...

Keep truckin'
Oh! I guess we are close to each other then! I live in Malmö so it is close to Denmark!

However as I can see, You do have the same update as the guy that posted above, Do you guys have Android auto on it yet? We can clearly see that I have outdated version for sure.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The picture I sent is from Tucson sold in Serbia. It is not my Tucson, but friend from other forum sent it to me. I also need to update my navigation.
Btw, I had the first service in first days of January and they even didn't mention any update. They just changed oil and filter for engine and filter for air conditioner. They also changed one tail light because water was inside. It was covered under warranty.

I think that we can not switch to Android auto because we have WinCE units and probably they are not compatible with Android.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The picture I sent is from Tucson sold in Serbia. It is not my Tucson, but friend from other forum sent it to me. I also need to update my navigation.
Btw, I had the first service in first days of January and they even didn't mention any update. They just changed oil and filter for engine and filter for air conditioner. They also changed one tail light because water was inside. It was covered under warranty.

I think that we can not switch to Android auto because we have WinCE units and probably they are not compatible with Android.
Oh okey, It might be why, But still. I was as a service for change oil and all that and they also said they updated my whole nav and the system but still as you can see it is a old software. So it hurts the most that they kinda lied to me.

I was told by Hyundai that you have 10 year free updating service on the HU...

Keep truckin'
You are right, I think its 5 though but even though they lied to me saying they did a new update for software and Nav today and yet you have newer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi there,

Also from EU (Romania), I pestered the guys at the dealership that I know there's an update to the software, even newer than Dare4x4 presented, and got them to download and install it.

Here's some info on forotucson (spanish forum): https://www.forotucson.com/threads/actualizacion-navegador-2018.4490/
You can also check this KIA update manual for dealers: https://dealer.navigation.com/stati...ents/SpecificDocs/2018_MapCare_Manual_Kia.pdf
It lists all the improvements over EU.SOP.20.166 and some are definitely worth it (for example, you can remove some of the input sources from the steering wheel button, so it only cycles through FM, USB and Bluetooth).
Even if it says KIA, it's actually the same hardware as Hyundai (Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tucson are more or less the same car with different trim), ours is GEN2 while newer models come with a better navigation called iAVN or GEN5.

I don't have picture proof but you can use google translate on that forum to read further.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi there,

Also from EU (Romania), I pestered the guys at the dealership that I know there's an update to the software, even newer than Dare4x4 presented, and got them to download and install it.

Here's some info on forotucson (spanish forum): https://www.forotucson.com/threads/actualizacion-navegador-2018.4490/
You can also check this KIA update manual for dealers: https://dealer.navigation.com/stati...ents/SpecificDocs/2018_MapCare_Manual_Kia.pdf
It lists all the improvements over EU.SOP.20.166 and some are definitely worth it (for example, you can remove some of the input sources from the steering wheel button, so it only cycles through FM, USB and Bluetooth).
Even if it says KIA, it's actually the same hardware as Hyundai (Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tucson are more or less the same car with different trim), ours is GEN2 while newer models come with a better navigation called iAVN or GEN5.

I don't have picture proof but you can use google translate on that forum to read further.
But wait, Is this something I can do manually??

·
Registered
207 Posts
You could but I can't really recommend it.
Updating the software (small file in the link) is pretty straightforward (just put the files on a USB stick and stick it in the USB input with the engine running). Updating the maps seems to need some trickery and some strange file put somewhere.
Also, if you service your car at a dealership, they might track what updates have been done to your car and if they see the navigation unit software was updated out of the dealership, they might say you lost your warranty. From my part, I just pestered the service guy that I need the "January 2018" update with software version TL.EU.SOP.20.178 and the updated 2017 maps (you can quote the exact map version from the post) and when I came to get the car, they were updated.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You could but I can't really recommend it.
Updating the software (small file in the link) is pretty straightforward (just put the files on a USB stick and stick it in the USB input with the engine running). Updating the maps seems to need some trickery and some strange file put somewhere.
Also, if you service your car at a dealership, they might track what updates have been done to your car and if they see the navigation unit software was updated out of the dealership, they might say you lost your warranty. From my part, I just pestered the service guy that I need the "January 2018" update with software version TL.EU.SOP.20.178 and the updated 2017 maps (you can quote the exact map version from the post) and when I came to get the car, they were updated.
I can try that or either I do it by myself, I read alot on that forum and it looks like it is original version of the updates.. as I can see but I did a new thread there to see... It looks easy to do it honestly and you do it through SD-card. Im sure they do the same way in Hyundai.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I were just in Hynudai service and I really think they are lying to me, He said that he knows that I have a different version but it is still the newest version (2 weeks ago) - That it is different in Sweden (Which I don't believe since all devices are the same in whole EU)????? What do you guys think, Its bullcrap?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I were just in Hynudai service and I really think they are lying to me, He said that he knows that I have a different version but it is still the newest version (2 weeks ago) - That it is different in Sweden (Which I don't believe since all devices are the same in whole EU)????? What do you guys think, Its bullcrap?
I think its bullcrap offcourse, go to another dealer or contact the swedish Hyundai importer as Dare4x4 suggest...

Keep truckin'

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe you should contact Hyundai importer for Sweden or simply try with an other dealership.
I think its bullcrap offcourse, go to another dealer or contact the swedish Hyundai importer as Dare4x4 suggest...

Keep truckin'

I have decided to do for my own, I have done kinda big research and I even know how they do it in the Service, Basically they just have a SD card with the newest version (Where they basically can download from their own site) and just put into the SD-card in the car and just wait until it updates by its own.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I also got this from a guy who pretty much works in Hyundai in Spain I believe:

Hello,

Our devices use the same software in all Europe so, if your headunit is displaying Sweden language, it should do after updating. Sometimes configuration is lost after update process and system is in English. If so, you can change language in settings section.

There is always a risk of breaking your system if update process fails. To avoid problems, your engine must be working. Otherwise your headunit could be switched off in the middle of the process.

A dealer can not check whether a software update has been made by them or by you. Once device is updated, there're not any differences. So in this case, warranty is not affected. The problem is an update failure. If they see that device is broken because of an update problem made by you, you could lose warranty.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts