Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the hesitation problem back when I bought my car in '16. I got the LImited with premium package. After the recall update it ran pretty smooth until today (I did want to mention that I pulled the SD card from the infotainment system the other day to update android auto). But today at an intersection the engine hesitation happened again after 2 years of no problem. I wonder if it had to do with "I did want to mention that I pulled the SD card from the infotainment system the other day to update android auto"

Do you guys know if the campaign/recall update for the transmission was done in the SD card or is it a separate thing?

I do want to visit the dealer back to give it a flash and update it again. How should I go about bringing this to the dealer and how should I ask to update it again? Like the wordings lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had the hesitation problem back when I bought my car in '16. I got the LImited with premium package. After the recall update it ran pretty smooth until today (I did want to mention that I pulled the SD card from the infotainment system the other day to update android auto). But today at an intersection the engine hesitation happened again after 2 years of no problem. I wonder if it had to do with "I did want to mention that I pulled the SD card from the infotainment system the other day to update android auto"

Do you guys know if the campaign/recall update for the transmission was done in the SD card or is it a separate thing?

I do want to visit the dealer back to give it a flash and update it again. How should I go about bringing this to the dealer and how should I ask to update it again? Like the wordings lol
I don't believe that it had anything to do with it or that it's connected to the cars ECU, as far I know that SD card is only for the multimedia unit. They recently did a recall for a replacement of the Evaporator Temperature Sensor which they had to re-flash/update the cars ECU for my Tucson.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Transmission update/adjustments are made thru the diagnose obd plug, and using Hyundai GDS. These things cannot be done with a SD card thru the infotainment system...

- So no worries my friend

Keep truckin'

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys!

But it drove fine. It felt like it almost didnt recognize the update, drove it out tonight and it seems fine but my wife told me it hapened 2 times already to her. Would you guys suggest to update it again? If so what was the update number or campaign number as i dont remember it anymore

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,842 Posts
I would suggest disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes to clear the learned behavior and set it back to what you had when you got the update.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would suggest disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes to clear the learned behavior and set it back to what you had when you got the update.
Disconneting the battery resets the beahvior w/o affecting the update itself?
If so ill give that a try :)
Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,842 Posts
Yes the update is burned into permanent memory, the learned behaviors are in volatile memory.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Personally I'd go to the dealer and see what they can find/get the issue documented before trying anything yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts