Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sorry to say but it lists them to not be compatible!

This part is not compatible with 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited Sport Utility 4-Door.

I just took another look at the supplied picture and if those are 3200 Lumen, I have some ocean front property close to our house in Arizona that I can sell you.

As they are LED's , I would be very suspicious about them emitting 3200 Lumens. and because the emitters are no where close to the position of the Halogen filament, they are not focused in the Hi-Beam reflectors. Glare, Glare, Glare. Crash.

But if you do not plan to use them on any roadway (trailer queen), go ahead..

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sorry to say but it lists them to not be compatible!

This part is not compatible with 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited Sport Utility 4-Door.

I just took another look at the supplied picture and if those are 3200 Lumen, I have some ocean front property close to our house in Arizona that I can sell you.

As they are LED's , I would be very suspicious about them emitting 3200 Lumens. and because the emitters are no where close to the position of the Halogen filament, they are not focused in the Hi-Beam reflectors. Glare, Glare, Glare. Crash.

But if you do not plan to use them on any roadway (trailer queen), go ahead..
Your Joking right? Glare Glare Glare? He's talking about his highbeams, there will be glare no matter what. I hope there would be glare. And this coming from a guy that puts HIDs in his fogs... I am speechless.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you are looking for some whiteness to match your HID low beams, and/or, additional brightness in your high beams, these 3200 kelvins, 6000k LEDs might work:2X Super Bright H7 COB LED Headlight Fog Lamp DRL Daytime Running Light Bulb 40W | eBay

What do you think?
John
You could use the LED's for high's if you wanted to but I would suggest getting the LED bulbs that have the projector lens built in. I just ordered these last night. Check em out. BTW There won't be glare glare glare as stated by someone that has no idea what they're talking about :D

R-Tech H7 50 Watt Cree + Projector Lens High Power Fog / DRL Light LED Bulb - HMS (HIDGuy Mod-Shop)

I've put these in a camaro for fogs and they are hella bright!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could use the LED's for high's if you wanted to but I would suggest getting the LED bulbs that have the projector lens built in. I just ordered these last night. Check em out. BTW There won't be glare glare glare as stated by someone that has no idea what they're talking about :D

R-Tech H7 50 Watt Cree + Projector Lens High Power Fog / DRL Light LED Bulb - HMS (HIDGuy Mod-Shop)

I've put these in a camaro for fogs and they are hella bright!
Thanks for your constructive input.

I've already put those (the H8 version) in my fogs. I got mine from here: 2X H11 H8 CREE XB D LED Projector Fog Lamp Daytime Running Light Headlight 50W | eBay

It's the high beam headlights I'm working on now. I have my doubts about those LEDs being bright enough (at least equal to the OE halogens). They're definitely white enough.

I'm not too concerned how the lights look when looking at them. I'm concerned how the light looks from the driver's seat when looking down the road on a dark night. Right now I don't like the looks of the mixture of white and yellow light when my high beams are on.

The LEDs I referenced in my OP don't appear to be projectors. That makes me wonder where the 3200 lumens are going. How much of it is shinning "down the road" vs. wide to the sides, up and immediately in front of the car.

I'm not concerned about glare since I don't use my high beams when following someone, or when there is oncoming traffic.

Yesterday I installed Sylvania Silverstar zXe bulbs in the high beams. They are equal to my OE in brightness, but not much whiter. This confuses me because my HIDs are suppose to be 4300k (that's the kit I ordered and the box was marked as such) and the Silverstar zXe are suppose to be 4200k. Wouldn't you think they would look very close in whiteness? Well they don't. With 1 OE high beam bulb installed, and 1 Silverstar zXe installed, and both bulbs lit with the low beams, the zXe is closer to the yellow OE (which I guess is about 3200k) than the HID 4300k. :confused: :confused: :confused:

John

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah, that was my result with the Silverstar Ultras which were rated as 4100K but not much whiter than factory, only brighter. The H7 LED's listed above work okay for DRL and high beam as I have these ones, but there is a brighter version listed as 80 Watt that would be better due to more LED's. I may try these but I hate buying things twice.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I guess it's because they are two different types of bulbs (HID vs Halogen).
I also installed Silverstar Ultra's without any luck of increasing the "whiteness".
I'm going to upgrade to a 6000k HID kit to get the colour matched to the eyebrow.

·
2,258 Posts
let me just clarify, the term "TRAILER QUEEN" as stated above means: a term that is used to describe a show car that travels around in a trailer. (meaning a babied car)

·
Registered
171 Posts
let me just clarify, the term "TRAILER QUEEN" as stated above means: a term that is used to describe a show car that travels around in a trailer. (meaning a babied car)
LOL I know what the term is. There were plenty of trailer queens at NuroTag Miami car show this past weekend.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thanks for your constructive input.

I've already put those (the H8 version) in my fogs. I got mine from here: 2X H11 H8 CREE XB D LED Projector Fog Lamp Daytime Running Light Headlight 50W | eBay

It's the high beam headlights I'm working on now. I have my doubts about those LEDs being bright enough (at least equal to the OE halogens). They're definitely white enough.

I'm not too concerned how the lights look when looking at them. I'm concerned how the light looks from the driver's seat when looking down the road on a dark night. Right now I don't like the looks of the mixture of white and yellow light when my high beams are on.

The LEDs I referenced in my OP don't appear to be projectors. That makes me wonder where the 3200 lumens are going. How much of it is shinning "down the road" vs. wide to the sides, up and immediately in front of the car.

I'm not concerned about glare since I don't use my high beams when following someone, or when there is oncoming traffic.

Yesterday I installed Sylvania Silverstar zXe bulbs in the high beams. They are equal to my OE in brightness, but not much whiter. This confuses me because my HIDs are suppose to be 4300k (that's the kit I ordered and the box was marked as such) and the Silverstar zXe are suppose to be 4200k. Wouldn't you think they would look very close in whiteness? Well they don't. With 1 OE high beam bulb installed, and 1 Silverstar zXe installed, and both bulbs lit with the low beams, the zXe is closer to the yellow OE (which I guess is about 3200k) than the HID 4300k. :confused: :confused: :confused:

John
I was under the impression that the stock halogens were 4200k in color... The whitest spectrum being 5000K. Could this be why your having confusion?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was under the impression that the stock halogens were 4200k in color... The whitest spectrum being 5000K. Could this be why your having confusion?
Since I made that post, I got out the OE H7 bulb to identify it. It's a Philips H7 #12972. I looked it up on the internet and found it is rated at 3100k, +/- 10%.

See description here: Amazon.com: 2 x PHILIPS H7 12972 B1 X 1 BULB 55W STOCK COLOR DOT HEADLIGHT LAMP HALOGEN: Sports & Outdoors

Sylvania's standard halogen is also rated at 3100k. See here: http://assets.sylvania.com/assets/images/masters/Graphic-12-A-(POG-Comparision-CEE-LIGHT)-outlined c03463ba-a6ac-49fd-bd72-79482981014e.jpg

Am I now confusing you? :)

John

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I guess it's because they are two different types of bulbs (HID vs Halogen).
I also installed Silverstar Ultra's without any luck of increasing the "whiteness".
I'm going to upgrade to a 6000k HID kit to get the colour matched to the eyebrow.

6000k might be too blue. I would go HID in the 4200k range at 35w. [email protected] 55w.

Halogen bulbs can't get much whiter. I think the Sylvania "cool blue" was the whitest bulb they had.

·
2,258 Posts
LOL I know what the term is. There were plenty of trailer queens at NuroTag Miami car show this past weekend.
i know some know; some dont. i was made aware of the line by people who mistakened it for a slur of some sort. moving right along.

·
2,258 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts