Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does HID H7 will able hold with adaptor and fit in halogen headlight with dust cap cover?

LED does work but only thing not work with dust cap cover so I am trying different ways. I personality HATE halogen bulbs, made difficult see myself during dark night at suburbs and country.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Never could get the adapter to stay on the HID long enough to get both seated together. Fingers not flexible enough....lol

So I went direct fit LED without dust caps.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never could get the adapter to stay on the HID long enough to get both seated together. Fingers not flexible enough....lol

So I went direct fit LED without dust caps.
I did without dust cap and result got moisture in my headlight house not good.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I did without dust cap and result got moisture in my headlight house not good.

Probably didn't get it seated correctly. No issues on either of mine and ones been running without dust caps for years. If the bulb is seated properly, it's sealed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably didn't get it seated correctly. No issues on either of mine and ones been running without dust caps for years. If the bulb is seated properly, it's sealed.
I dislike halogen bulb because they look so so yellowish.

It's pain the neck. My pervious 2015 Kia Soul with projector headlight really easy installed I miss that part.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Tried the fanless style with 8 Lumileds ZES chips. Reversing the heatsink and using dome rubber dustcaps, everything fit in the housing and no errors. Pattern was good in every respect except distance. Just not bright enough far enough ahead compared to the Xtremevision130 halogens in there now. My kingdom for a 5k halogen bulb with the same brightness at 55w - I'd just go with that since extended night driving is rare now.
Braided heatsink LED seems to cast well for other members, may try that next.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried the fanless style with 8 Lumileds ZES chips. Reversing the heatsink and using dome rubber dustcaps, everything fit in the housing and no errors. Pattern was good in every respect except distance. Just not bright enough far enough ahead compared to the Xtremevision130 halogens in there now. My kingdom for a 5k halogen bulb with the same brightness at 55w - I'd just go with that since extended night driving is rare now.
Braided heatsink LED seems to cast well for other members, may try that next.
Maybe I should going to Advance Auto Part see what their recommend.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Tried the fanless style with 8 Lumileds ZES chips.

Have a pic of these LEDs? Mine only have 2 chips and produce great light. I have the braided in the Elantra and a large heatsink in the Tucson. Both rated at 2500 LM each.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Have a pic of these LEDs? Mine only have 2 chips and produce great light. I have the braided in the Elantra and a large heatsink in the Tucson. Both rated at 2500 LM each.
I know the direct fit ones you have in the Tucson, still have mine with no drivers for them after my Ebay drama with the seller :rolleyes: I notice they were no longer sold afterward lol. Too bad, they look perfect. Did you ever try the braided in the Tucson before the direct fits? Did they work?

Anyway this is the type I tried, not this brand but they're all the same clone:

Fanless LED

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I know the direct fit ones you have in the Tucson, still have mine with no drivers for them after my Ebay drama with the seller :rolleyes: I notice they were no longer sold afterward lol. Too bad, they look perfect. Did you ever try the braided in the Tucson before the direct fits? Did they work?

Anyway this is the type I tried, not this brand but they're all the same clone:

Fanless LED

Man those chips are tiny, I don't see how they are putting out 8K LMs.

I tried to get the braided to fit. But couldn't get then in with the adapters. Several tried other LED's, but I just gave up until I found the direct fit ones. I don't understand how they only had 5, and apparently at least one set, yours, with no drivers. They work great, but did have to install resistors cause I would get the occasional "light out" message.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Man those chips are tiny, I don't see how they are putting out 8K LMs.

I tried to get the braided to fit. But couldn't get then in with the adapters. Several tried other LED's, but I just gave up until I found the direct fit ones. I don't understand how they only had 5, and apparently at least one set, yours, with no drivers. They work great, but did have to install resistors cause I would get the occasional "light out" message.
Luxeon ZES (Philips design) are pretty bright alright, veritable stadium for 3 carlengths or so but wash out quickly thereafter. The design is generally well rated and score well on Bulbfacts.com's chart, but arent good enough in Tucson projectors imo.

As for the direct fits I don't think they even had 5 full sets with drivers tbh, and I'm convinced they tried to dump them on me. May not even be good for all I know. Money back and lesson learned. Maybe just as well anyway, resistors add potential fail points and install complexity I'm running from.
It's good halogen for me till I find the bright white unicorn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts