Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I've been reading down through these forums and I've learned a great deal. I've started some modifications to my 2010 Sante Fe Limited, HID lights for hi/low/fog lights to start. Wondering if someone could lent some assistance! I've read down through the Official HID thread but can't seem to find a match for my problems.

I recently purchased 3 HID kits from eBay (http://cgi.ebay.ca/HID-Conversion-Kit-FORD-GEO-GMC-HONDA-HUMMER-HYUNDAI-/170506507654) - Ziitaku HID kits for low (H11B), high (H7), and fog (881) 6000Ks. I have the low and high beams installed and when I turn on the car, with the headlight switch set to 'auto', the high beam lights blink rapidly and the low beams will not come on. If I switch to lights 'on', the low beams are lit correctly and the high beams are off. If I switch to high beams, the high beam lights come on perfectly.

I've disconnected the high beams and when the car is turned back on and the light switch set to automatic, the lows beams come on perfectly.

Do you need to have a relay installed to help with the daytime running lights (DRL), as I'm assuming that is what the issue is. Turned on works great, in DRL mode is blinks like crazy!

Also, I haven't started to install the fog lights, but am I to assume that you must remove the two screws under the bumper to gain access to the fog lights?

Any ideas would be much appreciated!!

Daniel

·
Registered
87 Posts
You have day time running light on your high beams. Your HID's are not getting the proper voltage. Try using a relay in the circuit to power the HID's directly from the battery. The relay would be triggered on when you turn your high beams on. Also try powering you HID's to direct battery voltage to see if they are working properly. They could be damaged from the low voltage. Also remember not to use you "Auto" feature with the HID's. In the auto feature when you start you car the light will turn on when the key is first turned to the run position then turn off when you cycle to the start position then back on when the key is returned to the run position. This on, off then on will kill the ballasts after a very short time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
your lights flicker because the high beams double for day time running lights, and they run at a fraction of the voltage. (not enuf to light the bulbs) you do not want to use a harness to have them turn on because you will have high beams on all the time, or untill your low beams turn on. what i have done is i removed the day time running light fuse. and i leave the switch to "on" for my low beam lights. they just turn on and off with the vehicle. if you dont want to remove the fuse, you can just turn the lights to "on" and leave them on all the time. but if the head light switch accidentally gets moved to "auto" it will defiantly harm your ballasts. the fuse for the day time running lights is in the fuse panel just below the steering wheel. hope that helps

·
Registered
32 Posts
jbutz......

When installing HID's, did you have to adjust the headlights after for the cut off to be lower? or was everything good still? I want to upgrade from PIAA super white halogens to hid's and want to make sure i know everthing... thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (QuickShotSims @ Nov 30 2010, 03:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375878
jbutz......

When installing HID's, did you have to adjust the headlights after for the cut off to be lower? or was everything good still? I want to upgrade from PIAA super white halogens to hid's and want to make sure i know everthing... thanks

i didnt have to adjust anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts