Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an h9 bulb in my 2014 Elantra Gt. I was able to adjust it higher, but I also need to adjust it so it points more to the right on the passenger side since the beam is now too centered... is there such an adjustment possible?

·
Registered
785 Posts
opr917, I don't have any answer for you. Good job and switching out the bulbs. I'm a big fan of the swap myself

avisitor - proper bulbs don't work well in the EGT housing. The housing cuts back on the available light, and the throw points down too much. Swapping the H11's for the H9's and pointing the headlights up is a great recommendation to improve visibility at night.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not use the proper bulb?

As for adjustments, IDK, sorry
Since I got the car one of my complains is how poor the headlights are, I read here in the forum that several people have switched to h9, all you have to do is to cut a piece of plastic and trim the edge. You can find instructions in youtube.

The h9 is 65w (h11 is 55) and produces more lumens.

I can see that yes, it's better but Im having some trouble aligning them. Will try again tonight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The h9 I installed required modifications, nothing hard; overall I'm satisfied with the results.

Not sure about the Crystal vision for h11 which is what the GT would require, maybe next time if I have to replace them again.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,575 Posts
The h9 I installed required modifications, nothing hard; overall I'm satisfied with the results.

Not sure about the Crystal vision for h11 which is what the GT would require, maybe next time if I have to replace them again.
Sorry, you are right. H11 bulb .. crystal vision 100% brighter.
But, don't forget that they will need adjustment again.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Getting a brighter H11 bulb is a terrible alternative IMO. You can make a halogen bulb brighter by increasing it's temperature (which is what crystal vision or any other "brighter" bulb manufacturer would do), but the trade off is a significantly reduced bulb lifespan. A bright H11 is still not as bright as an H9.

My H9's lasted 3 years before i had to replace them, before that I tried the brighter H11's and they only lasted a year. The H9's are even cheaper than "bright H11's". So sure, I have to spend 10 minutes everytime I buy a new set of bulbs to mod them to work in the car, but it's much cheaper and more effective in the long term.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts