Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a new sump for my 2001 h100 2.5td, finding it hard to find, does any1 know any others that fit e.g.mitsubishi? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or does any1 know where I can get the original part delivered to the uk? Part no 2151042161. I can get it from main hyundai dealer, but it's £300.

Thankyou.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi mate.
No luck. I phoned hyundai dealer for an updated price yesterday but they are closed because of Corona 🙈. They had 1 in Russia for pretty cheap but they won't ship to uk. It failed MOT it needs quite abit of welding and the sump fixing, it's really low mileage, just debating whether it's worth putting all that money into it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Struggles! Yeah mine low miles but good nic! - got a years ticket- slight rust on arches and some sils - the sump has steady leak. Looking to possibly get it patched up by a fabricator! What a pain though! I’ll let you know if i find any other possibilities!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers 👍. If u have an engine hoist or something to support the engine u could take the sump off, and maybe fix it with some liquid metal or some kind of epoxy. I tried draining the oil and fixing with plumbers putty, but it's no good as I could never get it completely clean. My local garage said welding could distort the sump.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the sump off, cleaned up, had one welder look at it he is sceptical about welding it - so having a few other guys take a look!
Did you ever hear from anyone regarding a different vehicles fitting ? Possible that a L200 sump might fit? I have someone who thinks it might, but not certain.
Also contact Hyundai direct regarding a sump - £490 from Japan - and that was with a discount :O

The product number you have there, only seems to bring up Russian parts, if there another part number no you think?

Cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
  1. The part no I've got is 2151042161. I'm nearly 100% sure that's right. For my van at least 2001 2.5 td. D4BF engine. Iv seen an article about someone putting a h100 eng into a mitsubishi van and by the sounds of it the majority of the hyundai and mitsubishi engine is the same but with some differences (the sump and the oil suction pipe being 2 of the different bits). My local garage trying to get me a updated quote for the sump, not sure how successful they will be. I couldn't find the original article I found but found something similar.
    _20200416_080449.JPG

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry for the delay! Iv managed to have the sump welded up and now in the process of having it re fitted. Iv seen there is a h100 up for spare and repairs in Yelverton (it’s on face book market place. - not sure if that could be of any help for you? View attachment 446593

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers mate, went down the same route in the end, found a garage who would do the lot, weld the sump and the body work 👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts