Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I have a Hyundai H100/Grace. There is a water leakage after rain on the right hand side, under the dashboard right underneath the lower edge of the windscreen (I can see it when giving light to the area and bending undernath the dashboard :)).
Does anyone have the same experience?
Will there be access to the place of leakage afte having removed right indicator light, right front light and fender?

·
Registered
103 Posts
It might be easier to remove the Under Guard Inner lining, maybe remove front wheel to give more room. that way you could possible get a lot closer to the problem. Maybe the drain hole from the vent across lower windscreen is blocked and causing water to build up and make it's way into cabin.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi steamtrain,
Thanks for your reply.
What does "vent across lower windscreen" mean?
Just below windscreen, where the wipers are You will see slots / vents. That is where the air comes into the cabin through the vents inside cabin.. There is normally drain tubes at each end that drain out into the wheel arch under guards but up behind the plastic inner guard where wheels are.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just below windscreen, where the wipers are You will see slots / vents. That is where the air comes into the cabin through the vents inside cabin.. There is normally drain tubes at each end that drain out into the wheel arch under guards but up behind the plastic inner guard where wheels are.
Ok, thanks for the explanations, steamtrain.
I'll check this out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked it, but my H100/Grace doesn't have such vents directly below the wipers.
The vent inlet at my car is instead directly above the bumpers. So, in the area you described steamtrain, my car is completely closed. Maybe I forgot to tell that I have a 1998 european modell...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not sure KleinerMuck, as far as I knew. All cars have a vent near wipers. The only vent above bumper ( around front grille area) is normally for the Air intake filter for Engine. Because if this filter for engine was also being diverted to the inside cabin, then there would be Tubes taking it into cabin and the air would Always be Hot from going through the engine bay. So apart from what I have explained, I am sorry I cant help anymore.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyway, thanks for your help, steamtrain.
To show you what I mean, see attached picture of the front of the type of my car. There are no vents directly below window screen. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ah, Ok I see what you mean. I though you might have a short bonnet like mine. Sorry I cant help with more info.
cheers
Merry Christmas

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am have a leak on my left side. My carpet on the passenger side gets wet. I first thought this was the door not sealing. But having had a closer look I think this is coming in from the front.

I will let you know my findings. I am going to have a closer look this week. So much rain recently its going find its way in if it has somewhere to sit and not drain away.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Another thought. Have you been using the Air Conditioner when you notice a leak. As maybe the drain hose for the evaporative moisture, may have come off inside, as they have a drain tube from inside unit to the outside. I have seen this happen a few times over the years.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
@steamtrain:
Lucky me, my car doesn't have air condition.:mellow:

@rc flyer uk:
It would be great if you could keep me updated about your findings!:thumbsup:
By the way, the leakage in my car is also on the passenger side, but I have a left-hand drive...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I found out at least; it was a leakage underneath the windshield seal. I sealed it with sealing agent (I have good experience using an acrylic one), and now it's leakproof again.:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts