Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it smart to put h&r sport springs on the stock shocks? I know it will lower the life span. My sonata has 57k miles and I live in a place with smooth roads and flat (florida). How long do you guys think they would last? It's about a 1.5" drop

·
Registered
59 Posts
It works fine. I like the firmness a lot better than stock. I have had H&R spring on stock gls shocks for the past 50k miles. Probably not ideal, but all suspension setups are a compromise. I keep waiting for someone other than Monroe to come out with a set of replacement shocks. As of yet no one is making reasonably priced replacement shocks/struts for our cars.

No leaks, no bottoming out of shocks, etc. H&R springs are setup to only compress as far as the original springs would, so even though you are riding on a different part of the stroke on the shock, you are still within the limits of the original travel.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It works fine. I like the firmness a lot better than stock. I have had H&R spring on stock gls shocks for the past 50k miles. Probably not ideal, but all suspension setups are a compromise. I keep waiting for someone other than Monroe to come out with a set of replacement shocks. As of yet no one is making reasonably priced replacement shocks/struts for our cars.

No leaks, no bottoming out of shocks, etc. H&R springs are setup to only compress as far as the original springs would, so even though you are riding on a different part of the stroke on the shock, you are still within the limits of the original travel.
Thanks, what's your current miles?

·
Registered
210 Posts
i had eibach springs on my CL a year ago and i had them for about 30k miles, i put them on at about 100000, i never had a problem with it. assuming the owner before me didnt change the shocks. i bought the car with 94k miles.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm around 60k right now. I put them on pretty soon after I bought the car. I also added the SE rear sway bar around the same time. Both are good and cheap ways to make the car handle much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.