Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i really need your help,

i have a Sonata v6 3.3 2007

Its passenger Air Bag light is on do you know how much its gonna cost me to fix it ??

and sometimes when i stop at the signal light the oil light starts blinking do you guys know why is that, and as soon as i start driving it goes away...

please help

·
Banned
335 Posts
The passenger airbag light might be free as there was a Federal recall. :thumbsup:

The blinking Oil light could be blinking big dollars at you. I would check my Oil to start!

Perhaps covered under Warranty if you are under 60K! :00000732:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Sep 24 2010, 10:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358608
The passenger airbag light might be free as there was a Federal recall. :thumbsup:

The blinking Oil light could be blinking big dollars at you. I would check my Oil to start!

Perhaps covered under Warranty if you are under 60K! :00000732:

oh i m sorry no i m not the car has 85000 miles on it...
and i was wrong about the the air bag, its the driver air bag light is on please help..

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
QUOTE (ahm12 @ Sep 24 2010, 08:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358607

Its passenger Air Bag light is on do you know how much its gonna cost me to fix it ??

and sometimes when i stop at the signal light the oil light starts blinking do you guys know why is that, and as soon as i start driving it goes away...

please help
I'd have the dealer check the airbag light, no way to know how much to fix until a cause has been determined. The oil light might be blinking because the oil level is low and there is not enough oil pressure when idling. A quick check of the oil dipstick should tell you if that is the case. The dealer can also diagnose this if you are not comfortable doing this yourself or if the oil level is indeed fine but there is a problem with the oil pump itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
then i have one more silly question,,,

i know air bag has nothing to do with the emission..
but if my car has air bag light on is it going to fail the emission test ??

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (ahm12 @ Sep 24 2010, 11:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358616
then i have one more silly question,,,

That is kinda kooky :innocent: but depending on your State, if they do a visual inspection of your Car, a warning light & passing inspection don't mix!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
QUOTE (ahm12 @ Sep 24 2010, 10:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358616

QUOTE (NFV6 @ Sep 24 2010, 11:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358619
That is kinda kooky :innocent: but depending on your State, if they do a visual inspection of your Car, a warning light & passing inspection don't mix!
That might be true for a safety inspection, but an airbag light should have no effect on an emissions inspection.

·
Registered
689 Posts
QUOTE (ahm12 @ Sep 24 2010, 10:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358607

please help
The air bag is covered under the Suppl. Restraint Warranty.
As for the oil light, have you checked the oil level, the oil light will flicker in low RPM's or if the oil pressure is low.

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (ActionMan @ Sep 25 2010, 07:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358650
That might be true for a safety inspection, but an airbag light should have no effect on an emissions inspection.
While I am pretty familiar with what an emissions test is, some States combine a safety check with an emissions test.

Florida tried to sell you Window etching. I'd ask what that did for emissions, but they stole $30 from me once :trophy:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Sep 25 2010, 09:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358670
While I am pretty familiar with what an emissions test is, some States combine a safety check with an emissions test.

Florida tried to sell you Window etching. I'd ask what that did for emissions, but they stole $30 from me once :trophy:
Colorado is not one of those states. In fact they do roadside emissions testing on on-ramps to major highways. They perform test as you pass by accelerating onto highway, take picture of license plate and if you have passed this test twice in 2 years, there is no need to visit an emissions testing center. No hassle, no cost, for an individual test that is, I know we pay for it somehow.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If the red Air Bag light in your main instrument cluster is remaining on, you need to take it to the dealer to scan (about $90). When this Air Bag light is on, your entire Airbag system is disabled and you need to fix it. If he tells you you need a $1500 new passenger seat, kick him in the balls and buy a salvage seat for $100. You can install it yourself as I described in a previous thread or have a body shop do it. Maybe you will be lucky and it's just a loose plug. Welcome to the joy of a high mileage Gen4 Sonata. You'd better get some skills or trade it now. Not quite as unreliable as my daughter's 2003 VW NewBeetle w/ a 1.8 Turbo - but close. Whether your car will pass inspection will vary state by state. It would not pass inspection in North Carolina with the SRS disabled.

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (Perry Manessis @ Sep 25 2010, 10:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358669
The air bag is covered under the Suppl. Restraint Warranty.
As for the oil light, have you checked the oil level, the oil light will flicker in low RPM's or if the oil pressure is low.
No quite frankly its not. The Limited new car Warranty ends at 60K period. Unless there is a federal recall, and this is not part

of the OCS Federal recall, it is on your dime. Even during the Warranty period you possibly need to authorize a shop charge

before a Dealer will look at it. The connectors under the seat are subject to damage from anything in your back seat, and Dealers

will tell you a connector would not be a Warranty claim. On the other hand in the Belt buckle there is a clip that can go bad

and light up the dash airbag light, rendering the airbag system useless. Warranty or not, Inspection or not, it must be fixed! :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts