Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the rubber flex disc on each end of the driveshaft. They seem to be going bad if you do much hard launching or shifting. But Hyundai only sells the whole driveshaft with the guibos.

There are several aftermarket ones you can get. Basically all the same except for price as they go from $40 to $200 each depending on what brand /application you are searching for and it looks like they are manufactured in Germany. And appear to be the OE part as they share the same number, GAH04-005, imprinted on them.

SGF GAH04-005
Dorman# 935-108

PTI Genesis P/N GAH04-005 https://www.powertrainindustries.com/story/GAH04-005

Heres's avideo that show the correct way to install them, they show a good example of where the cracks are and also explains the noise you get from bad ones. You have to take it off to see minor cracks and flex the disc.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I ordered a pair from Amazon for $70 each. The rear one at the diff had quite a few cracks visible before taking it off. The front was OK, I think the back one suffered from heat as it is quite close to the exhaust pipe.

When removing there are six bolts. Take the nuts off first. These are reversed thread and have a concave indentation in the head. The bolt heads are next and are regular threads. This is what holds the disc to the trans or diff. Both are 19mm. Don't mix the nuts.

You have to lower the exhaust shield to get the drive shaft lowered. And I had to remove the carrier bearing to get the driveshaft out of the diff. Which required me to undo my exhaust pipe in front of the differential.

Pay attention to the video as to how the guibo should be aligned when installing, around the 5 minute mark.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts