Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

I like my sunroof, but I'm the type of guy that likes to open it when driving. However, because the panoramic sunroof retracts on top of the roof, I find it creates a lot of windnoise. Is anyone aware of any sunroof wind deflectors/visors? I'm thinking this might help calm the windnoise, but I can't seem to find any on the market....

Thanks

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Hi All -

I like my sunroof, but I'm the type of guy that likes to open it when driving. However, because the panoramic sunroof retracts on top of the roof, I find it creates a lot of windnoise. Is anyone aware of any sunroof wind deflectors/visors? I'm thinking this might help calm the windnoise, but I can't seem to find any on the market....

Thanks
You might look at these

·
Registered
459 Posts
^ those do not work with panoramic sunroofs. Unlike a conventional sunroof where the deflector is attached to the roof around the leading edge of the opening, there is no leading edge, since the roof glass meets and seals with the windshield glass. There is a built in pop up deflector, works well in my opinion.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm actually dissappointed with the built in deflector. Doesn't work nearly as well as other cars built in ones. It's OK at low speeds but awful on the highway.

·
Registered
560 Posts
You're not going fast enough...the wind gets out of the way all by itself eventually. ;)

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm actually dissappointed with the built in deflector. Doesn't work nearly as well as other cars built in ones. It's OK at low speeds but awful on the highway.
Is that what that is? I thought it was a butterfly net. Certainly catches bugs well enough.

It is somewhat effective... but barely. I don't open my roof at hwy speeds often... just too noisy with the wind on the glass panel. Its a little like having a roof rack cross bar up there.
I doubt a hard deflector would help much either unless it was very large and ugly.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Is that what that is? I thought it was a butterfly net. Certainly catches bugs well enough.
LOL, about 2 months ago coming home from work I hit a bird right on the frame of the deflector: feathers everywhere. I reached up while driving to get the bundle of feathers left on the edge of the frame off since they were some getting sucked into the cabin. When I got home to inspect I definitely expected the frame to be bent based on the amount of feathers and the noise from the impact, but was good as new. Just had to pluck a few feathers out of the mesh, and pick some up out of the cabin. :eek:

I'd be surprised if the bird survived.

·
Registered
86 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts