Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any dealers that better to deal with than others in terms of getting a good price?
My local dealer is not budging on price.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got mine at Rexdale
Rexdale Hyundai

I had them fight it out with dealer at 401 and 401 dealer told me that if they match the price they are losing 600$ so they were out.
They try to sell rust protection and other crap but it is easily declined and general practice.

Sales guy was Patrick Philippe and he was straight up.
I did tell him that as soon as I get his price I am going to other dealer to see what they think about it and I was back...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got mine at Rexdale
Rexdale Hyundai

I had them fight it out with dealer at 401 and 401 dealer told me that if they match the price they are losing 600$ so they were out.
They try to sell rust protection and other crap but it is easily declined and general practice.

Sales guy was Patrick Philippe and he was straight up.
I did tell him that as soon as I get his price I am going to other dealer to see what they think about it and I was back...
Same here went to Rexdale Hyundai got the Best price

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't have an Elantra GT but I did deal with Aggincourt hyundai for my '13 Tucson.

I first went to Don Valley North hyundai but it wasn't a great experience

·
Registered
870 Posts
I first went to Maple Hyundai, not a great experience they wanted me to pay full MSRP.
I bought my Elantra from Pine View Hyundai in Woodbridge, we worked with the invoice price.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Amazing experience at Collingwood Hyundai! A bit of a drive, but Derek was amazing!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much guys. I found a dealer that was much more willing to negotiate.
For the gls, I was able to get almost 800 below mrsp. It would end up being 306/month for 84m. So that's 20,550 plus tax and financing charges.

Also includes free tinted windows and remote starter.

Does that sound like a decent deal for our area? Other option is the GL at 275/month.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Toronto Hyundai on dufferin

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dear Fenka99,

If you are looking at a GT GLS manual at $20,550 and building in a discount of approx. $800, your monthly payment should be about $294 ($294.47).

With ZERO dealer discount, financed over 84 months at 2.99%, included the $1,550 freight/admin/PDI charge, the $129.70 AC and tire tax, and whacking off $2,500 MANUFACTURER DISCOUNT - all this from the Hyundai Canada build and price - your payment is:

$306.41.

You're getting ripped.

Maybe they are showing you an $800 "discount", but then not giving you the full $2,500 from Hyundai.

Or charging you extra money for garbage like nitrogen in tires, or VIN etching.

You should be at $294 and change, certainly not $306.

RE: A GL Manual. Same rip-off. With ZERO discount, you're at $273.57 according to Hyundai's website, and with 800 bucks off, you should be at $261.63.

If I'm wrong and these prices you were quoted were for AUTO equipped vehicles, then great, you're getting a deal. If not, and they WERE quotes for manuals, then RUN to the next Hyundai dealer ASAP.

I bought at Rexdale. Wouldn't recommend. They tried to deliver a GL to me the night I came to pick up my silver L. I had to point out to the salesman that my car wasn't supposed to have keyless entry, cruise, etc, and he said, "well, this is the one that came in". Imagine the logistical disater that would have ensued had I driven off in a car who's VIN did not match the ownership or loan paperwork!

Good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are there any dealers that better to deal with than others in terms of getting a good price?
My local dealer is not budging on price.
I shopped around a lot----Hamilton to Stouville and in between....I highly recommend Hyundai of Oakville, ask for Michael...
For window tinting and clear bras...I highly recommend Protect Film Solutions
905-465-0819-go the premium shield-elite...great product, nice people, professional work....Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts