1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Saurian and I were interested in buying these:
Megan Racing EZ Coilover FOR Hyundai Elantra 11 UP Sedan | eBay

And we thought to see who else was interested to see if we could get a better price on the items in question.
Please post here or PM me if you're seriously interested.

Still waiting on confirmation from the vendor on availability.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
911 Posts
Here is what it really looks like according to the Megan Racing page:

Hyundai Elantra 2011+ Sedan
Model Number : MR-CDK-HYE11-EZ
Our most recent addition to our expansive coil-over kit line up, the EZ STREET coil-over line up is aimed towards the more budget oriented enthusiast to offer the most basic essentials from an after-market coil-over setup, yet makes no compromises for quality and performance.

SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES:

APPLICATION:
Hyundai Elantra 2011+

SPRING RATES:
F: 62mm ID; 200mm length; 6 kg/mm
R: 175mm length; 5 kg/mm

DAMPER SPECS:
F: 120mm stroke; 280mm length
R: 93mm stroke; 170mm length

- Drop approximately 2"

- 15 Levels of Adjustable Damper Strength

- Aluminum Brackets paired with rubber inserts

- Rubber Dust Covers

- Adjustable Ride Height

- Conservative Spring Rates

- Single-Cylinder Design - mono-tube

- All coil-over damper kits come with 1 year manufacture-defect warranty.

- All Hardware is Included

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If anyone gets these I'd love to know how the ride is. From previous experience Megan coils didn't ride so well, at least not in my 240. No matter how I adjusted the damper, the ride was always a little bouncy. This was probably 8-10yrs ago when Megan first hit the scene, so maybe they've improved? I'd love a review though.

·
Registered
911 Posts
If anyone gets these I'd love to know how the ride is. From previous experience Megan coils didn't ride so well, at least not in my 240. No matter how I adjusted the damper, the ride was always a little bouncy. This was probably 8-10yrs ago when Megan first hit the scene, so maybe they've improved? I'd love a review though.
Thanks for honest heads-up. I know these coilovers were beta tested does anyone in the forum know the testers and what their opinions were???

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
After reading a ton of reviews on the net, the EZ street seem to be much more mild than the street series I had. These should provide a much more comfortable ride due to less aggressive spring rate as stated. I'm kind of interested now :D

·
Registered
911 Posts
I've been ready a ton of opinions too. Seems from the people who really tried them think they are OK for the price.

I saw one 10,000 mile review on You-tube on the Street Series. Seems like a Very honest review. Good points, bad points, where he screws up and he did drive them hard. At the end after complaining about what he doesn't like he states the ride was the best part. Its long at 12:37 minutes.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The seller so far isn't really responding....
There is one guy on the other forum that has the first test fit set. He liked them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boydrone, have you contacted MeganRacing directly to see if they'd do a group buy?
Yes. I sent them a note today to see what options they had. I would imagine there would be a price break at around 5 kits maybe?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK guys, he just responded with some more details. I just asked him about the group buy and what he could offer. I'll keep everyone posted!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another update on this.
He only has 5 kits left.
if we can deplete the 5, He'll give us each kit @ $600 + shipping
I'm waiting to find out how much shipping is though since that's an $89 discount...

We only need two more people interested in this and we're good to go!!

·
Registered
911 Posts
13% discount isn't bad. Still free shipping in the US??? If not what are we talking about???

Did 1badsr commit or just say he was interested???

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
13% discount isn't bad. Still free shipping in the US??? If not what are we talking about???

Did 1badsr commit or just say he was interested???
From my understanding, he said he would have to charge shipping. But I'm waiting on the details on this still. I think 1badsr is interested to buy, although I sent him a PM to confirm.

We'd have to sort out what the best method of obtaining this would be as well though as far as shipping them to one location, or everyone dealing with their own kits.

I'm still waiting to see two more people bite!!! I know you're out there boys! lets get modding!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok. quick update. 1badsr is out
its just you and me for now.
hopefully we can work out a discount for the two of us and sell it as we will advertise it on here or something ;)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Lou,
wasn't sure if we were allowed to post "other forums" on this forum

I got in touch with this guy. he was the alpha tester. if someone is near him, he is interested in selling his set. I think its not his car or something.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Megan uses that car's image on their site.

But I don't find info if additional camber adjustment is needed when using coilovers for lowering. The EZ Street series doesn't come with the additional camber adjustment up top like the Street series.

It would be a PIA to find out later that aftermarket control arms/camber kit are needed to adust camber to spec.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Thanks Lou,
wasn't sure if we were allowed to post "other forums" on this forum

I got in touch with this guy. he was the alpha tester. if someone is near him, he is interested in selling his set. I think its not his car or something.
But why he want to sell:rolleyes:
I would sell mine coilovers and get air suspension:D
BTW Megan front coilovers doesn't come with camber plate but you can get camber bolts to adjust if you need it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts