Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

so my wife decided to kiss something with the front of our 2021 Sonata. Thankfully no one was hurt and the damage is only cosmetic and confined to the grille. Has anyone replaced the grille? Does the front bumper need to be removed or can it be done without removing it?

TIA!

·
Premium Member
'21 Limited, "18 Limited, "15 Limited
521 Posts
Hey all,

so my wife decided to kiss something with the front of our 2021 Sonata. Thankfully no one was hurt and the damage is only cosmetic and confined to the grille. Has anyone replaced the grille? Does the front bumper need to be removed or can it be done without removing it?

TIA!
From what I've read, the front bumper must come off to replace the grill. However, from all the things I have seen, it is not a difficult process.

·
Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
75 Posts
I had to replace my grill after someone took a chunk out (Luckily only the grill took damage). Grill is screwed in to the bumper from the back side with many screws and clips. You need to take the whole bumper off with the top black portion above the radiator (It’s clipped into the grill too). To do that, you need to pull the DRLs up as their clipped in (Don’t forget to take one screw in the middle out on both sides and they are clipped in so just pull up). Bumper comes out after removing clips on bottom and sides + 1 screw on each side.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Hey all,

TIA!
scroll down:
and buy him(or maybe a her, i dont know) a coffee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts