Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I debadged my 2011 Sonata trunk of the "Sonata" emblem and the "Limited" emblem and then I plasti dipped the H and whatever the chrome piece below that is called. I attempted to plasti dip the chrome window trim but after a few hours I just took it off bcuz of minor imperfections. Found a video on YouTube and some guy used blackout tape from Pep boys. Good??? And how the F do you remove your grill so I can insert cardboard cutouts to protect the radiator when I plasti dip? Thanks in advance for the tips.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There’s 2 10mm bolts by the top of the headlights, and like 6 plastic clips on the upper grill piece. Remove all that, then pull the grill forward about 4 inches. With one of them little short Phillips screwdrivers that are like 3 inches long there’s four small Phillips screws that hold the grill on to the bumper that need to be removed two on each side it’s a tight fit and don’t drop your screwdriver or you’ll be screwed once those four screws are removed just pop the grill out and you’re done

1 - 2 of 2 Posts