Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gosh,
Am I in Trouble!!!

Two weeks ago i impulsively bought a Grey Classic I10 which I was TOLD had intermittant wipers.
I got home and it began to rain. Ooops! NO intermittant wipers! I went back to the dealer and he said he didn't realise that there was a difference between a Red 2010 I10 and the GREY 2010 I10 which were both on the showroom when I picked one to buy. It turned out that the RED one Has Intermittant Wipers!! Well, His Big Boss overheard us talking and said if I wanted to Upgrade to a Comfort, he would order a Comfort for 1500 more.... 'just pick a colour'. I immediately fell for his offer and ordered a Blue one...

Well, I ordered a (pre-reg) Blue I10, then changed the order to a (pre-reg) Silver. (Two Weeks Ago, today and waiting)

Now (while still waiting for the car to arrive) my Wife finally looked at some on another car lot and said
"Why didn't you order a GREY one?"

It will be a Comfort model.

I think I am Stuck with a Silver, as back-office chatter at the dealer is that The Boss will make me stick to my Silver order.

Any Thoughts, suggestions or ideas?

If i did have a choice when a Blue and a Silver arrive, probably at the same time... which is a better colour?

OR

How can I switch to a Grey, at this point, to appease the wife?

Thank you for your input or calming thoughts.

:w00t:

·
Registered
855 Posts
First of all I reckon you have a good dealership and they have done the decent thing in allowing you to upgrade to the comfort when the original Classic will now have to be sold as pre-owned. They have also let you change the colour of the Comfort you have ordered and it may be that the car is either in production or is in transit to the UK, there has to be a point where you are committed. The Blue i10 does look good but the Silver does too and it matches the alloy wheels, while the Oyster Grey seems to change shades in different lights and shows up the dirt.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I cant believe your such a girl.
Pull yourself together and man up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Does it really matter what colour you get,they all look good in my opinion,after all your sat inside it most of the time.Stop worrying about the colour and just try to enjoy your new car.
Jez..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know this is probably of no comfort (excuse the pun) but at a £350 option I chose the ESP option over colour. So ring them back and ask for an ESP option in red :grin:

·
Registered
124 Posts
QUOTE (Coombs @ Nov 14 2010, 04:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371593
I know this is probably of no comfort (excuse the pun) but at a £350 option I chose the ESP option over colour. So ring them back and ask for an ESP option in red :grin:
Having just spent two days polishing my red Trajet to try and get the colour back , I remembered why I paid the extra for a blue I10. Red paint always fades on cars unless you keep on top of polishing them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK folks, ladies and gentlemen.

I got 'it'

A Silver Comfort (finally).

She looks great. So that is sorted out finally.

Thank you for the support during that trial of waiting.

I wish you a peaceful and reasonably happy warm winter.

(now Where to get snow chains...) ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts