Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

Just thought I would finally come on line and say hi to everyone. I have been signed up for a while, but not had the time to sit and chat.

So, here goes.

Based in the UK, Manchester, I am currently on my 3rd Santa Fe! Had the Mark 1 with the 2.4L petrol engine for 3 years. Then changed it as it was sooooooo thirsty. Had a look around, but for the price, nothing compared to the Santa Fe, so took the plunge and bought my first diesel, the Mark 2 with the 2.0Tdi engine. Really enjoyed that, but only had it 18 months before the fantastic Mark 3 came out.

The dealership was trying all sorts to get me into it. So much so, that they offered me a deal I couldn't refuse, so I went ahead and bought it. Best decision ever. Love it. Had it 3 years now. Not skipped a beat. It's comfy, roomy, smooth, loaded with extras and just a great place to be. It's a 2.2CRTDi. 7 Seats. All the extras. Brilliant. Here are a couple of photos of it for you.......

[attachment=18605:3rd_Hyun..._Fe__18_.JPG]

[attachment=18606:3rd_Hyun..._Fe__19_.JPG]

Look forward to your replies.
Cheers
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that.

It's been great looking at some of the mods people put on their cars. The Santa Fe is becoming a popular car over here now, but you really struggle for aftermarket parts. Most of the extras I have added have been ordered from the States.

I did upgrade the Stereo and put headrest screens in for the kids. Easy enough to get these over here.............................

[attachment=18654:3rd_Hyun...a_Fe__7_.JPG]

The head unit is two channel so the kids can watch something different in the back while we listen to music. I also added AV sockets so they can plug their own game systems in too.

The steps on it are the second set. I had ali ones, but with the bad weather and winter we had, they really discoloured badly, so I put these new moulded ones on. I know there is a Thread on here about these steps, but I added a nice little feature. Entry lights................................................

[attachment=18655:3rd_Hyun..._Fe__13_.JPG]

[attachment=18656:3rd_Hyun..._Fe__14_.JPG]

Just got a set of number plate neon fixings from a stylers, tapped a couple of small holes on each side and wired them into the door switches. Looks pretty good at night.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Nice.. wish we could get the extra from bumbper protection, side marker/signals and protection along the doors.. not available to us in Canada (or US I think) I do prefer the steering wheel on the opposide side tho!!! LOL

·
1,914 Posts
one question...can I steal your santa fe? :p I love everything about your Santa Fe and we have some of the same acccessories. I thought the chrome headlight covers would look horrible, but I was wrong.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know. I wasn't sure before I put them on, but really pleased with them.

The only problem with fitting stuff like this in the UK, is they wear. Because they are just coated ABS plastic, the lower fittings like the front and rear fogs have started to chip. No amount of polishing with chrome cleaners can help. So after a couple of years, it looks like I will have to replace them. The rear lights and the headlights are fine.

There are a couple more things I would like to do. One thing I have been unable to find in the UK for it, is a removal towbar. I need the towbar, but I do think they ruin the look of a car when you put them on.

Tell you what else I did do! If you use a Garmin SatNav, they fit nicely inside the tray on top of the dash, so I got myself a hardwire lead.......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DIRECT-BATTERY-CHA...mp;sr=8-3-fkmr1

Removed the tray, wired it into the live on the stereo. Earthed it on the chassis and passed it through a drilled hole on the top tray and now, no leads trailing over the dash. If your gonna hardwire, you need one of these as they have the voltage drop gizmo built in. SatNavs run on 5volt. If you try hard wiring a normal lead, you'll get 12volts and it will blow the SatNav.

Gonna open another Thread with a product I have been advised on for fuel saving. Take a look.......

·
1,914 Posts
I have the chrome tail light covers and mirror covers along with the rear trunk garnish. Was going to get thre fog light covers but couldn't find them cheap. I have had them for over 2 years and they are holding up suprisingly well maybe because I wax my car so often. I also paid an extra $20 incase anything happens, they replace them free of charge.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (Walshy @ Jun 9 2010, 01:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331395
The steps on it are the second set. I had ali ones, but with the bad weather and winter we had, they really discoloured badly, so I put these new moulded ones on. I know there is a Thread on here about these steps, but I added a nice little feature. Entry lights................................................

[attachment=18655:3rd_Hyun..._Fe__13_.JPG]
Now those look familiar :thumbsup: How did you come by a pair of those in the UK? I can't even seem to find them in stock now at the outfit a couple of us used at eBay here in the U.S.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (canderson @ Jun 9 2010, 11:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331468
Now those look familiar :thumbsup: How did you come by a pair of those in the UK? I can't even seem to find them in stock now at the outfit a couple of us used at eBay here in the U.S.
Pure chance. I was having a look through some of the posts on here and saw a post on these and fitting them (might have been yours - don't know). So i had a look around and by total fluke, This guy about 70 miles away was selling two sets on ebay. Good price. So I thought "I'll have a set of those thank you very much".

Was a little wary at first pulling the existing sill liners off as you never know if these are going to be an exact fit, but they are and all's well.

After about a month, I added the lights. I will have to take a night time shot. They are blue neon and look really good. Wonder if I could put them on a switch so they come on with the headlights. Probably illegal. Most things are these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:grin:

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (Walshy @ Jun 9 2010, 05:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331473
Was a little wary at first pulling the existing sill liners off as you never know if these are going to be an exact fit, but they are and all's well.
That was one of the big advantages of the factory Mobis parts - no reason for jitters about fit. Pulling off the liners was indeed a "one time" proposition due to the number of clip studs I broke off. I'm pretty sure it's not possible to do that job carefully enough to re-use the original parts. Show us a photo with the lights sometime.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.