Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 87,000 miles on the car. I bought it in August 2019 from Carvana. Being the second owner I am past all the warranties. In recent months, my car has been burning a lot of oil. I had my PCV valve replaced about 800-1000 miles ago (a few weeks ago) and they checked my oil. I checked again yesterday and I was low again so I put about a quart and a half in. My mechanic didnt see a leak and he suggested an engine overhaul. He is looking for a new engine for me as well in the meantime. He also told me to check with the dealership or call corporate to see if they can do anything. I know the 2017 Santa Fe Sport base has had issues, and I thought I would see here if anyone had any advice for me. Thanks everyone and happy new year.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
There is an active recall campaign by Hyundai due to engine failures in the 2.0L and 2.4L engines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I just got home from the Hyundai dealership. They told me my car is under an active recall campaign. I have to bring it in Friday for an oil change, and then come back for 3 oil consumption tests, after which point if all works out and Hyundai signs off, I will have a new engine. Fingers crossed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.