Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reset the a/c defogging logic thing and low and behold, the a/c light is staying lighted in auto mode. Still favoring recirc but hey baby steps. The sequence to change defogging logic is in the manual so please don't ask me. It differs for auto climate control and manual.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm not understanding your issue. It sounds as if you wanted the A/C light to come on in Auto mode? Mine doesn't and the car cools just fine, when in Auto.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This has been covered in other posts but the thought process is that most agree that if the a/c is on the a/c light should illuminate. I happen to agree and just was sitting in the cell phone lot waiting for my in-laws to arrive and took out th manual and reset the defogging logic...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Interesting, though I'm not too concerned if the car is physically doing what it's supposed to. I'll take a look at the manual. What page is it for a quick reference?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm another one who's really bugged by this. I'll have to give it a try.

Now, the big question, can you turn off the A/C when in auto mode?

·
Registered
932 Posts
QUOTE (Bingo Steve @ Jun 19 2010, 01:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334458
Midas, let me know if it works for you.
Yes it worked. And I'd even say the recirculate mode was better. When I was driving at a pretty steady pace it actually went to fresh air for a short time. Eventually when I got into stop lights and stop signs every 3 feet it went back. Still not bad considering it's upper 80's today.

And I did a little testing. I turned the temp up over 80 and the A/C light did in fact go off. Unfortunately turning off the A/C itself did take it out of auto mode, but that's OK.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (w9nwrwi @ Jun 19 2010, 06:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334527
page 4/97. (Defogging logic)

Chuck
OK, so the light now works the way you'd expect, but the A/C compressor won't run as programmed in Defrost modes to reduce fogging, right? Not sure that is a great trade-off.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ Jun 19 2010, 10:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334544
OK, so the light now works the way you'd expect, but the A/C compressor won't run as programmed in Defrost modes to reduce fogging, right? Not sure that is a great trade-off.
I think that the compressor working in defrost mode would be temperature dependent. It has been in previous auto-climate controlled vehicles I have owned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts