Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning before work I went to my dealer to get the oil done on my 2016 and stumbled across the 2020 Limited in Calypso Red with Black leather. Pictures don’t do it justice and I couldn’t believe how much nicer it looks in person. Comfortable leather seats and more than accommodating for a big guy like myself. It was cool to look at all the features it has such as the 12” instrument cluster and the 10.25” entertainment screen. Not to mention the ambient lighting that gives the interior a very nice touch. Not ready to trade my ‘16 away just yet but when the time comes I’ll know what I want. Down below I have a side top/bottom comparison between my 2016 and the new 2020. Totally different animal.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not normally a fan of red but this car pulls it off pretty well. Still blown away and confused as to why they put a light gray headliner in this thing at the Limited trim level.

My 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8T and my 2015 Sonata Limited 2.0T both were Black Leather Interior with Black Headliner. Weird Hyundai switched it up.

Not a fan... but will have to deal with it for the time being since I pick up my 2020 Sonata Limited tonight. (Quartz White with Black Interior) Definitely going to see if there is a way a shop can switch out that light gray headliner setup for black.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I really like the Calypso Red but I wish Hyundai would go back to some simpler wheel designs like those on your 2016 which look great. The wheels on the 2020 Sonata are going to be a pain to clean with all of those small crevices.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree about the cleaning all those crevices , even my simple but awesome 2006 3.3 V6 alloy rims are a bit of a pain to clean and only have five rather large openings. A look I adore. Simple and and looks awesome.

Color wise: the Calypso Red is sweet with the black grill and might be the best color combo. My personal early favorite is Portofino Gray from the pics and I haven't has grey for a long while plus it has the hint of green and looks elegant, of course I could go Phantom Black which is similar to what I already have and has held up great and the black grill would be stealthy.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks good all except for the grille. That is just ugly in my opinion. It is too big and looks too much like the grille of the Lexus line and I don't like them at all. Seems that every once in a while all the car manufacturers see somebody else's idea and have to copy it to death. Otherwise, that Sonata rocks! (y)

·
Registered
170 Posts
This morning before work I went to my dealer to get the oil done on my 2016 and stumbled across the 2020 Limited in Calypso Red with Black leather. Pictures don’t do it justice and I couldn’t believe how much nicer it looks in person. Comfortable leather seats and more than accommodating for a big guy like myself. It was cool to look at all the features it has such as the 12” instrument cluster and the 10.25” entertainment screen. Not to mention the ambient lighting that gives the interior a very nice touch. Not ready to trade my ‘16 away just yet but when the time comes I’ll know what I want. Down below I have a side top/bottom comparison between my 2016 and the new 2020. Totally different animal.

Go on YouTube and check out the N Line coming out this fall. 290hp 310ft lbs torque this thing is going to be awesome

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looks good all except for the grille. That is just ugly in my opinion. It is too big and looks too much like the grille of the Lexus line and I don't like them at all. Seems that every once in a while all the car manufacturers see somebody else's idea and have to copy it to death. Otherwise, that Sonata rocks! (y)
To each their own, of course. I love it. The SE trim in this has their traditional grill.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That was my thought too - way too “in your face” like Toyota and Lexus. But in my case, it’s my wife’s daily driver, and she wasn’t bothered by it, so we bought it. And after less than a week, I’m OK with it. I might still wish it was something different, but I don’t even think about it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That was my thought too - way too “in your face” like Toyota and Lexus. But in my case, it’s my wife’s daily driver, and she wasn’t bothered by it, so we bought it. And after less than a week, I’m OK with it. I might still wish it was something different, but I don’t even think about it.
You don't see the grille when you're driving it, but you do see the well equipped interior.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts