Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, at least I made it a year.... Hit a Chupacabra-sized Raccoon last night. Awaiting estimate now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
pretty much same thing happened to me a year or so ago. It was pretty expensive, had to replace the whole front bumper cover.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Wow, I've hit dozens of raccoons and opossums, I never had any damage. The raccoon you hit was probably huge!!!!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sorry to hear that. An alternative fix might be to buy a front lip bodykit and that would cover 80% of the damage. But then again you would still need to paint the lip.

·
22,793 Posts
Terrible. We marvel at how cute these little critters are in the movies, until one of them goes postal and attacks our vehicle. At least you weren't hurt in the mishap. Lots of people lose control trying to swerve out of the way.

I'd hate to hit one, but when confronted between the choice of it, or me, or my family...well, anyone care to guess how that equation works out?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I suppose it's Lights Out for the **** as well

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, it's in State Farms hands now, going under Comp insurance. I figure about a grand to fix. Yes, this one WAS huge! I've seen a lot of them around here but none this big. But it was unmistakable, tail, its eyes as it looked seemingly straight into mine before the bang! then, Thump!

Today I went and put the light back in, only one of the three mounting points was usable, so I stuffed a towel in to hold it fwd. Seems like It'll hold until I can get it repaired. Just aggravating, as it seems I cannot keep a car past one year without something like this happening. Minor, I know, but still.

Yes, Mr. Raccoon is currently providing sustenance to the crows, buzzards, and turkey vultures.

·
22,793 Posts
Yes, Mr. Raccoon is currently providing sustenance to the crows, buzzards, and turkey vultures.
Mother Nature wastes nothing. She recycles everything. Including us! ;)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Well, it's in State Farms hands now, going under Comp insurance. I figure about a grand to fix. Yes, this one WAS huge! I've seen a lot of them around here but none this big. But it was unmistakable, tail, its eyes as it looked seemingly straight into mine before the bang! then, Thump!

Today I went and put the light back in, only one of the three mounting points was usable, so I stuffed a towel in to hold it fwd. Seems like It'll hold until I can get it repaired. Just aggravating, as it seems I cannot keep a car past one year without something like this happening. Minor, I know, but still.

It was probably PREGNANT. You KILLED 13 raccoons in one!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
22,793 Posts
It was probably PREGNANT. You KILLED 13 raccoons in one!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
In that case, you saved 13 other drivers from a fate similar to that which you experienced..

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In that case, you saved 13 other drivers from a fate similar to that which you experienced..
Thanx Rich! I was gonna feel like a mass murderer after CheckBlueGT's post!! :p

·
22,793 Posts
Thanx Rich! I was gonna feel like a mass murderer after CheckBlueGT's post!! :p
Welcome, sir. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...in this case, the 13.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts