Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon to be saying goodbye to all the great people on this Sonata Forum. Just finalizing the deal to trade my 06 Sonata V6 LX with 43,000 miles for a 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited AWD. Most of the same options including what looks to be an identical Homelink rear view mirror.
:unsure: Tested both the new 2011 Sonata and Buick Regal, but the swoop coupe (sport sedan) style cuts back ease of entry and headroom down so much us older people have a tough time using them. The new Sonata design still seems to have the same road noise issues as my 06 and I'm seeing reports of the suspension rattles as well. Buick had same swoop coupe issues, but did seem quieter. In the end it came down to the same prices but getting AWD for use in the winters of North Dakota. :frozen:
:liebe011: Thanks to all for an enormous wealth of fine info always on this web site. :liebe011:
Kevin in ND

:hyper: Had to order the Subaru, so still using the Sonata until end of October.[/i]:hyper:

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
My sister got a Forester back in June and absolutely loves it. Congrats on the Subie! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
816 Posts
QUOTE (willsboattail @ Sep 10 2010, 10:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355603
Soon to be saying goodbye to all the great people on this Sonata Forum. Just finalizing the deal to trade my 06 Sonata V6 LX with 43,000 miles for a 2011 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited AWD. Most of the same options including what looks to be an identical Homelink rear view mirror.
:unsure: Tested both the new 2011 Sonata and Buick Regal, but the swoop coupe (sport sedan) style cuts back ease of entry and headroom down so much us older people have a tough time using them. The new Sonata design still seems to have the same road noise issues as my 06 and I'm seeing reports of the suspension rattles as well. Buick had same swoop coupe issues, but did seem quieter. In the end it came down to the same prices but getting AWD for use in the winters of North Dakota. :frozen:
:liebe011: Thanks to all for an enormous wealth of fine info always on this web site. :liebe011:
Kevin in ND

:hyper: Had to order the Subaru, so still using the Sonata until end of October.[/i]:hyper:

Enjoy the subie, great reliable cars, drove the legacy 3.0 and found it very powerful, if only the Ltd were more luxurious, there are some amenities I don't want to do without, I'd trade my Azera. The Azzy has been a good car no complaints. It's only Hyundai corporate that I don't like.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I drove a 2.5 Legacy Sedan for 3 years; great car, sure-footed, pulled a trailer from St Louis to Omaha without complaint, loved it, totaled it.

Best wishes! :grin:

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
Great car, indeed.

Just be aware of the gas mileage.... AWD is taking its toll on gas mileage.... My daughter's Impreza, much smaller car, same size engine, loves that juice.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (mamamia @ Sep 11 2010, 06:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355747
Great car, indeed.

Just be aware of the gas mileage.... AWD is taking its toll on gas mileage.... My daughter's Impreza, much smaller car, same size engine, loves that juice.
:liebe011: Maybe, but I'm hoping EPA estimate of 31 mpg highway is close.
Beats the 25-27 I get now!
Kevin

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
QUOTE (willsboattail @ Sep 11 2010, 07:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355763
:liebe011: Maybe, but I'm hoping EPA estimate of 31 mpg highway is close.
Beats the 25-27 I get now!
Kevin

Maybe just maybe if you keep your foot out of it. :grin: Hard to do out west I know. Sorry to rain on your parade......... :00000732: Post pics of your new Subaru so the newbies here can tell you where you really should/need to be. :whistling: We'll understand. :banana:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:whistling: UPDATE :whistling:
My Subaru is not here yet, so still driving the Sonata.
:innocent: Startin' to feel guilty???!!!!?? :whistling: Maybe I should keep it!
I really do like my Sonata, except for the klunking suspension. Dealer told friends he has mine already sold, even before I turn it in for the new one.
:banana: That may say good things about Hyundai :banana:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
QUOTE (willsboattail @ Oct 17 2010, 09:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364069
I really do like my Sonata, except for the klunking suspension. Dealer told friends he has mine already sold, even before I turn it in for the new one.
When we were shopping for our Sonata a year ago, bought it on 10/20/09, we were trying to find a new 2009 but couldn't find one in the Denver area at all, plenty of new 2009 Kia Optimas, but not a new 2009 Sonata to be found. I did not like the handling/performance of the Optima and we weren't interested in a 2010 Sonata, looking for a deal on "last year's model". The story was the same everywhere, Cash for Clunkers had eliminated the entire supply. I knew then something was going on and as the months passed by, more and more advertising came out and all the the news about Hyundai started up. Glad we were able to get in before all of the hoopla hit the fan so to speak. Sure did reaffirm that our decision was a good one. Especially when Toyota's problems erupted on the news scene as we were thinking about Honda/Toyota but discouraged by the price difference and for comparable vehicles that did not come standard with features that did come standard on the Sonata.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
QUOTE (willsboattail @ Oct 17 2010, 09:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364069

You're just teasin' us..............you'll be here forever.

·
Registered
71 Posts
QUOTE (willsboattail @ Oct 17 2010, 11:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364069
I wish I had traded my Snotter while still under bumper to bumper warranty. Mine has prove reliably abysmal as a moderately high mileage vehicle (88K). Pick a light -any light.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts