Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pioneer GM-6500F

I've got one of these installed under the passenger seat in my Elantra. It fits perfectly, sounds great, and never had a problem with it. It's also small enough it could be mounted in the trunk somewhere. Not as small as that Clarion, but it's pretty small.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
Can you elaborate?
A common car stereo has only two channels: right and left.
The front and back separation is accomplished with faders.
There are 4 outputs but only 2 channels.

A true 4 channel amp takes 4 inputs and there is no reason to have a 4 channel amp if you only have a 2 channel source.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've been considering this amp by Alpine:

Amazon.com: KTP-445A - Alpine 4-Channel 45W RMS X 4 at 4-Ohms Amplifier: Electronics

An honest 45W X 4 channels, which should work well with the Polk speakers in your install or the Infinity Reference 6030cs/6032s I went with (per silvergls' install thread). And all in a package about the size of a paperback book. Although in my case I'm inclined to first try a compact powered subwoofer package like this Kenwood model:

Amazon.com: Kenwood KSC-SW10 5-Inch x 7-Inch 150-Watt Max Powered Subwoofer with Remote Control: Electronics

and then put an amp on the Infinitys if I feel I need more power. The stock head unit is plenty loud, although I occasionally would prefer a bit more bass.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
Are there amps that do this? I'm not aware of any.
Of course there are.

IF you are using a high level input signal from an actual tuner instead of the low level speaker outputs (and daisy-chaining two amps together), that is what you need.

Apparently that isn't done much anymore......in a car anyway.

·
Registered
537 Posts
A common car stereo has only two channels: right and left.
The front and back separation is accomplished with faders.
There are 4 outputs but only 2 channels.

A true 4 channel amp takes 4 inputs and there is no reason to have a 4 channel amp if you only have a 2 channel source.
unless you want to give 4 channels of power to 4 speakers and retain fading capabilities;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Get a 4 channel and power the 4 front speakers, forget the rears. This will make your peak volume louder and cleaner overall, help you achieve louder sound with a lower overall volume level, which reduce distortion, helping with dynamics and result in cleaner overall sound. Just be sure to set the gains right and that your careful on the tweeter crossover point so they don't play too low.

With a two channel you basically split the wattage and rely on factory crossover point. Lol, I'd go no more than 50 x 4 RMS for a 4 channel or 100 x 2 for a two channel. Or if you really want to power front and rears, get the JL XD 6 channel amp or even a standard 4 channel with 2 channels for the rear and the front 4 speakers split between the other 2. Don't you love options? :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts