Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here. My current lease on my '07 Altima S ends on the 30th and the lease advisor that most of my family uses (she basically does all the legwork/dirtywork, gets a solid deal, and makes the process as painless as possible, and we don't pay a thing) is working on getting me into a Sonata SE w/o Nav. My first color choice is the Pacific Blue, with the Phantom Black as my backup. I owned a 2000 Tiburon for 8 years and loved it, one of the most reliable cars anyone in my family has ever owned. Great car for the price at the time but Hyundai's really taken an even bigger step forward with the new Sonata. Should have it by the end of next week, very excited to be back in the Hyundai family again.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I agree with ssmuff. You will love the new Sonata SE. I've driven mine all weekend and I can tell it will be that fun daily driver that I've been looking for in a car for quite some time. Plus it just looks good and people notice it. I came out of Office Depot today and there were a couple people around my car looking at it. One guy asked me what kind of Hyundai it was and when I told him it was the new Sonata (I have already debadged my car) he seems to be blown away. Hyundai has done this car right. Good luck with your Sonata, I'm sure you'll love it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately it looks like in order to get the Pacific blue and the lease price I want, I'm gonna have to go with the GLS w/the pop. equipment package instead. Not the end of the world, as the mostly cosmetic upgrades that the SE has aren't a necessity, but still a little disappointed.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Thats sucks for you. I will tell you what I see more Sonatas now then I did before but they are all GLS's and LTD's. Talked with my sales guy over the weekend and he said he can't get any SE's and when they do they are dealer traded to another city.

·
Registered
623 Posts
When I got mine NO SE models were available. I went with a black GLS and upgraded it.

Having owned both Navy Blue and Black cars, I think they are pretty close. Go with your gut though. If you have to have the blue, you could always add dual exhausts, drop it, and put rims on it later.

Either way it's a great car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you really want the SE then you may want to pressure the dealer to find you one. Once I decided what color I wanted the dealer was able to locate if from another state and snag it for me all in the same day. You can't easily update the seats and the stiffer suspension plus the wheels and the dual exhaust upgrades are going to be pricey. Then again if you did buy a GLS and upgrade the wheels you wouldn't be stuck with Hankook tires.

·
Registered
424 Posts
if I were you, I'd get the base GLS with factory navi added on. nothing else expect the factory navi...and I'd offer 1000 to 1300 for the navi add on. the navi does make a difference and difficult to integrate into a base gls if u ever want to do it later.

QUOTE (CiminoUM5 @ Aug 24 2010, 01:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351655
Unfortunately it looks like in order to get the Pacific blue and the lease price I want, I'm gonna have to go with the GLS w/the pop. equipment package instead. Not the end of the world, as the mostly cosmetic upgrades that the SE has aren't a necessity, but still a little disappointed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts