Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the article:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/GM-hires-mar...set=&ccode=

In my household we currently have an 07 GMC and 08 Hyundai......first time for each brand....and I can tell you that reliability and warranty are key.....

The GMC (Acadia) in the first 3 yrs /36kmi was in the shop for mysterious dead battery (2 times)......sunrook leak (2 times)......mildew smell from sunroof leak ....and new power steering pump.....all covered under warranty......since we've been out of warranty, one more problem.....love the functionality of the vehicle, but it is leased and will be returned in a few months......

If GM wants our family to buy a vehicle, offer a 5 yr/ 60k mi warranty.....if GM's vehicles are well built, then the incremental cost of claims will be greatly exceeded by profit from incremental sales .......but more importantly, improve reliablilty......we can't spend all our time in the shop with a brand new vehicle....there you have it.....no need pay the new marekting guy millions of dollars....

Marketing only goes so far.......and marketing gimmicks only work once.....fool me once, shame on you......fool me twice, shame on me!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts